Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Running Guns.....accross the border

Sponsoring Business

Running Guns.....accross the border

Just to set the record straight......

No one bringing firearms or products in to Canada internationally is doing anything any different than anyone else as far as the procedure goes. It is completely up to us as dealers, to be competitive. That's it and that's all.

Cheers !!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jackrabbit000's Avatar
    Good to know. I'm glad to see you guys onboard and offering us really competitive prices. eg Glock 19 for $825

CGN frequent flyer BigBeaverBoomStix's Avatar
    Understood, the real question is why so many dealers say they can't/won't get an item, for example 9mm AR mags, show me one dealer in all of Canada that is bringing these in.

Big fan of Dlask, but there's a huge untapped market for special orders - that was never beyond the reach of the dealers, just not of sufficient interest/profit incentive.

This may prove to be a missed opportunity, but there's always a hungrier dealer out there to meet demand and 2013 will show how big an opportunity that was.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bollox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms Corp View Post
    It is completely up to us as dealers, to be competitive.
    Yes, like stepping up to the plate after being pushed to do so by the new kid.

It's work vs reward. If you spend 120 hrs getting stuff across the border and make $1,000 profit is it worth it to you? If the same 120 hrs can be used to sell stuff that earns you $3,000 in profit, the answer is clear. If the 120 hrs ends up with a loss of $1,000 then it really sucks.
    If I win the 50 million lottery I might set up a company to order in stuff that will never make money like track links for Bren carriers and bolt stops for Mauser Broomhandles. I will be like St Nicholis for people with odd hobbies.
    People should not have to fear both the government and the criminal. It should be that the criminal fears both the people and the government.

"It's only a rabbit" were his last words....

Quote Originally Posted by bollox View Post
    Yes, like stepping up to the plate after being pushed to do so by the new kid.
    LOL. Good on DLASK for stepping up regardless. They are a good vendor.

The main advantage I see though is the instant availability and selection that the US dealers have. Plus, due to economies of scale and the huge number of each firearm that they stock/buy, those savings are passed on to us. But most importantly for me... I'd rather know that the firearm or accessory has been paid for and is processing/in transit rather than being told that it will be ordered and that I have to wait for an indefinite period of time with no definitive ETA. I hate that!! I'm currently waiting for 3 different firearms from other Canadian vendors right now with this status and it sucks bigtime!

If I get the jist of the OP it looks like irunguns has a few importers/dealers a little on edge..........

Sponsoring Business
    We are not on edge........we will be competitive. You must bring things across in volume, establish trade relations like with any business. Nothing special there. But like I said, we all pay the same costs coming across the border. There are costs that go directly to the US Govt. More goodies coming.......just you guys wait !!

CGN frequent flyer BigBeaverBoomStix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bjs7293 View Post
    If I get the jist of the OP it looks like irunguns has a few importers/dealers a little on edge..........
    Yea, sort of like the Walmart of guns entering the canadian market...who doesn't shop at Walmart?

That said, I LOVE Dlask product, they've got my business for excellent stuff, good service and local status - support for the home team.

Canadian dealers can easily challenge Irunguns, the key is to import bulk items that can be sold more competitively than the more costly individual import cost process of Irunguns, and I can see that Dlask is already doing that, so good job guys. Import more mags please!!! (Glock 10/17, 9mm AR, and the list goes on....)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    ...who doesn't shop at Walmart?
    I don't shop at Walmart. Haven't set foot in one since high school.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast