Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 212141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Serbu 50BMG SEMI-AUTO taking orders.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrangler4867 View Post
    Had an early HS 50. I would definitely lean towards the HS 50 M1 as my next purchase. It has the same rate of fire as an out of the box Serbu.
    Please tell me how you compare the rate of fire for a bolt gun to a semi-auto? Kinda like comparing a cat to a dog.

CGN frequent flyer
    Please tell me how you compare the rate of fire for a bolt gun to a semi-auto? Kinda like comparing a cat to a dog.
    You might want to do some back reading on this thread regarding issues with the function of the Serbu. It should be self explanatory.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    You might want to do some back reading on this thread regarding issues with the function of the Serbu. It should be self explanatory.
    I have read about all the issues including Kevin's range report. I also just went on YouTube earlier and watched several of these fire. The bolt sure seems to be incredibly slow moving as it cycles.

CGN frequent flyer
    My preference would actually be the original HS50 over the M1. Something about that side mounted magazine just ruins the lines of the rifle for me.
    I kinda like the mag on the side. The original looks a little on the sparse side to me. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

CGN frequent flyer
    I have read about all the issues including Kevin's range report. I also just went on YouTube earlier and watched several of these fire. The bolt sure seems to be incredibly slow moving as it cycles.
    Well since the slow moving bolt doesn't come back all the way to cycle the next round thus requiring you to do it manually you basically have a bolt action on your hands. Thus the ROF comment.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    I kinda like the mag on the side. The original looks a little on the sparse side to me. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Lol yup.

Have you got your Serbu running or are you just going to sell it?
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

CGN frequent flyer
    Have you got your Serbu running or are you just going to sell it?
    It's not running yet. I'm standing by to see if there are any signs of life from Dead Zombies or Serbu. I'm giving it 1 more week to see if either steps up to the plate and gets me this magical spring. I will form my final opinion, and decide what to do with this thing then. I'll keep you posted. If I sell it it will be a toss up between the HS 50 M1 or the Barrett 82

CGN Regular
    I will trade 2 non restricted swiss arms for this rifle

CGN Regular
    It's not running yet. I'm standing by to see if there are any signs of life from Dead Zombies or Serbu. I'm giving it 1 more week to see if either steps up to the plate and gets me this magical spring. I will form my final opinion, and decide what to do with this thing then. I'll keep you posted. If I sell it it will be a toss up between the HS 50 M1 or the Barrett 82
    Good luck with the Barrett 82.

Quote Originally Posted by KRJ View Post
    Good luck with the Barrett 82.
    Ummm... wrangler doesn't need luck. Look at his username as a hint. I don't think getting a Barrett 82 is going to be a problem...
    R.I.P.
    Long Gun Registry
    December 1st, 1998 - April 5, 2012

Never Again