Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Serbu 50BMG SEMI-AUTO taking orders.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Recce21 View Post
    200 yard sight in? I hope you are planning to zero it for 500-800 yards.
    200 yards is the most flexible zero for the distances I shoot and have access to. At the same place I have access to steel hung at 100 to 950 yards, but I don't always shoot there.

As long as I get my dope I am fine, as I will just dial in the MOA needed per extra 50 yards above zero.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Do you have a close up of the steel plate?

CGN frequent flyer In The Black's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkMamba View Post
    I'd like to see this too!!
    -CSSA-
    -CCFR-
    -NFA-
    -CPC-

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Recce21's Avatar
    Come for a visit! In southern Alberta we have 1000's of m's to shoot out to! Lots of buddies with farm land and ranch's let alone the crown land in the mountains and foothills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    200 yards is the most flexible zero for the distances I shoot and have access to. At the same place I have access to steel hung at 100 to 950 yards, but I don't always shoot there.

As long as I get my dope I am fine, as I will just dial in the MOA needed per extra 50 yards above zero.

Quote Originally Posted by In The Black View Post
    I'd like to see this too!!
    Ask and ye shall receive.

The steel has had a few thousand hits of all calibers on it, but since the last paint job, just 6.5x55 swede, 308 Win, and .50BMG.

The .50 hits are pretty easy to see, as they leave a big semi-circle of vaporized copper around them that I have never seen the other calibers leave.

We still have the wobbly bipod, which is robbing a lot of accuracy from the gun, but we were averaging 1.5MOA from the gun.

This is after the steel took a #### kicking from some rapid fire fun.

The best group fired of the day was about a roughly 1-1/4" 4 shot group at the 200 yard range (Ie. 5/8 MOA), seen beside my hand in the photo. You can clearly see the copper markings on the steel I mentioned above.

As you can see, the shiny spots are not even depressions in the steel, just super thin bits of melted lead. Smooth to the touch still, and paint over it and the steel looks brand new.

This was right at the end of the day, but I was thrilled with that.

Quite honestly, with the factory ammo, I would be happy with a steady 1MOA, so the idea that this rifle may really like this ammo, even if that group was a bit of a *skilled* fluke, is very promising to me.
    Last edited by Kevin M.; 03-04-2013 at 07:05 PM.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive.

The steel has had a few thousand hits of all calibers on it, but since the last paint job, just 6.5x55 swede, 308 Win, and .50BMG.

The .50 hits are pretty easy to see, as they leave a big semi-circle of vaporized copper around them that I have never seen the other calibers leave.

We still have the wobbly bipod, which is robbing a lot of accuracy from the gun, but we were averaging 1.5MOA from the gun.

This is after the steel took a #### kicking from some rapid fire fun.

The best group fired of the day was about a roughly 1-1/4" 4 shot group at the 200 yard range (Ie. 5/8 MOA), seen beside my hand in the photo. You can clearly see the copper markings on the steel I mentioned above.

As you can see, the shiny spots are not even depressions in the steel, just super thin bits of melted lead. Smooth to the touch still, and paint over it and the steel looks brand new.

This was right at the end of the day, but I was thrilled with that.

Quite honestly, with the factory ammo, I would be happy with a steady 1MOA, so the idea that this rifle may really like this ammo, even if that group was a bit of a *skilled* fluke, is very promising to me.
    Would you happen to know the plate thickness and the depth of those 50BMG impressions on the plate? BTW, do you reload for 50BMG?

Would you happen to know the plate thickness and the depth of those 50BMG impressions on the plate? BTW, do you reload for 50BMG?
    Plate is 1/2" AR-500.

Depth of the impressions is nil, well under 1/64".

At the current time, I don't reload for .50BMG.

guess it's time to start working o.t. again....

CGN frequent flyer In The Black's Avatar
    Thanks Kevin. That's an impressive chunk of steel. A very nice gun.. just awesome..
    -CSSA-
    -CCFR-
    -NFA-
    -CPC-

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    gotta get me one of these
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal