Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Hardcore Hardware Knives and Tomahawks

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Is the finish on the steel very durable?
    Appears to be after a few taps on this block. A real test would be nice though.

[youtube]WyQ89YWr_3w[/youtube]

CGN Regular
    LOL i wasn't expecting him to go at it when you said "taps"

I was expecting light taps on the block and them claiming it was super strong.

impressive.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    The metal looks impressive.
    What?

CGN frequent flyer Big_red_truck's Avatar
    can't say i'm exactly impressed , I want to see a torture test of the blade chopping through wood and rope. I can take a 10$ welder chipping hammer and beat a cinder block too and get the same results with 10 hits. Cool tomahawk but if i'm going to spend 400$ on it I need to know what's so special about it.
    I'm canadian eh , there's no doot aboot

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    I'm glad I have my tinfoil hat on the morning while operating the microwave oven.
    Rob

Bahahaha! 400 bucks! Yeah right, eh. That's absurd.
    I didn't invent the turtle neck, but I was the first to recognize it's potential as a tactical garment... Tactical turtle neck. Tactlneck.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

CGN Regular
    If it was around 250 Id be buying one instead of typing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    I can take a 10$ welder chipping hammer and beat a cinder block too and get the same results with 10 hits.
    I can buy a $6000 brand new Lada and make it around the race track the same as a $210,000 Aston Martin.

Don't know about you but I'd feel a little unprepared if I showed up in a combat zone with a chipping hammer instead of the LFT-01.

Some of the tasks we expect you'll use our LFT01 for include the following: chopping, hammering, digging, cutting, as a climbing aid, defeating locks, smashing windows & windscreens and raking out their frames, puncturing steel radial tyres, smashing steel clad doors and breaking through walls including those made of brick.

MATERIALS: D2 TOOL STEEL
    What's it made of and why? "Real tools made from real steel" is the corner stone for all Hardcore Hardware Designs. We engineer our tools for toughness so they will not fail in the field when you depend on them most. It is far better to over build than to introduce an element of failure - when lives are at stake there is no compromise.

Our current range of tools are constructed from D2 tool steel. D2 is sometimes called "Semi-stainless" as it has a high chrome content, but is not high enough to classify it as a true stainless. D2 is more stain resistant than most carbon steels, has excellent edge holding capabilities and extraordinary wear resistance (far superior to stainless), these factors combined make it our primary steel of choice.

Hardness is in the range of HRC: 56-60 for our knives and 50-55 for our impact tools. D2 is specifically designed for hard use applications and is employed the world over by tactical knife makers and used extensively in industrial applications namely in high duty cutting tools. We use a specialized heat treatment/temper process that enhances the resilience of D2 to shock. This process yields excellent performance characteristics in our impact tools whilst maintaining very high wear resistance.
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jeffcarr88's Avatar
    I like hawks!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    Please remember this is our forum.

I don't mind discussion but if you want to suggest other stuff or argue with me, these are not the threads for it.
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

Hey Farmboy I know it's a last resort/CQ type weapon but is it balanced so if you wanted to throw it you could and would be affective ?