Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New guy from Montreal needs help

CRAFM is a nice range, Staff is friendly, prices are similar to what everyone else is charging for their guns. I go to CTVSP and L'Acadie for the price of crafm (at the moment). I am there to shoot not stay the night so as long as people are safe and take the rules seriously i am good, bed side manner is irrelevant to me. I can tell you CTVSP has reloads their guest fee is $10 and free for ladies all the time, rentals are $10 I believe CRAFM is $25 for guests and $25 rentals. On the plus side CRAFM you can shoot rifle there and CTVSP is pistol only, thats why i go to L'Acadie for rifle and Trap could do pistol there too but not a winter person. so weigh out the pros and cons for you i gave you some of my thoughts. ctvsp is $260 plus tax and crafm is 389.99 plus tax its your money think about it. nothing says you have to stay at either when renewal comes around.
    Aristotle - 'Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.'

Try this one

Quote Originally Posted by Herp McDerpington View Post
    Hey, just got my RPAL and I'm looking for a shooting range in Montreal. The only one I found was CRAFM, but it's kind of expensive ($400/year). I'm also looking for a place that sells cheap reloaded ammo in Montreal so I don't have to pay for shipping. Thanks a lot.
    There is another in Montreal it's called CTVSP in Lachine. Club de Tir de Ville Saint Pierre.

Check out Combat Masters (Alberta). They have good prices on bulk refurbished ammo, they might ship interprovincial as well...

Our favourite deal in Calgary for "range membership" is to get an "associate membership" for about $80 which qualifies you to own restricted firearms. You can do drop-in where and when you like (with a province wide ATT) until you find a range that suits your style and budget.
    "In a free society, we shouldn't need permission to do whatever we want."

Quote Originally Posted by Herp McDerpington View Post
    Hey, just got my RPAL and I'm looking for a shooting range in Montreal. The only one I found was CRAFM, but it's kind of expensive ($400/year). I'm also looking for a place that sells cheap reloaded ammo in Montreal so I don't have to pay for shipping. Thanks a lot.
    Hey,

I'm from Laval, and am a member at CRAFM as well. I have never been to CTVSP either, but like other members have posted, I have only heard bad things

Also, about cheap reloaded ammo, les Industries Centaure Ltée. in Laval (1234 av. Godin; right off Pie-IX bridge) sell high quality handgun reloaded ammunition. If it's your first time, they'll sell you a sample so you can test them, but they only sell ammunition by boxes of 1,000 rounds.

If you need any other info, don't hesitate to PM me

-Q
    "I know one thing: that I know nothing" - Socrates
    "Je ne sais qu'une chose, c'est que je ne sais rien" - Socrate

Quote Originally Posted by Quik10 View Post
    Hey,

I'm from Laval, and am a member at CRAFM as well. I have never been to CTVSP either, but like other members have posted, I have only heard bad things

Also, about cheap reloaded ammo, les Industries Centaure Ltée. in Laval (1234 av. Godin; right off Pie-IX bridge) sell high quality handgun reloaded ammunition. If it's your first time, they'll sell you a sample so you can test them, but they only sell ammunition by boxes of 1,000 rounds.

-Q
    Any idea how much it cost for 1000 rounds of 9mm? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Quik10 View Post
    Hey,

-Q
    If they beat 25 cents the round that sounds quite interesting.
    Any politician who won't trust you with the weapon of your choice, clearly cannot be trusted with the power he desires over your life.
    -Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith

CGN Regular
    Yeah the membership at CRAFM is expensive but so are guns and ammo. You can shoot rifles and pistols and it's indoor in a convenient location. The price is kind of worth it if you live on the island. If you live off island, maybe not, I wouldn't know what ranges are out there.

I think it's $240.00 + tx for 1000 rounds of 9mm. -$20 if you bring them 1000 empty cases!

They're very accurate rounds in my CZ-75 SP-01 SHADOW. Some friends used to shoot IPSC with them before getting into reloading, themselves.

EDIT: Information on purchasing reloaded rounds
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...ded-ammunition
    Last edited by Quik10; 02-08-2014 at 05:33 PM. Reason: link to NRCAN site and CGN thread
    "I know one thing: that I know nothing" - Socrates
    "Je ne sais qu'une chose, c'est que je ne sais rien" - Socrate

Quote Originally Posted by chadeech View Post
    I go to CRAFM but as yet havent joined just pay as i go 25.00 a visit i know will pay more eventually probably
    but damn thats a pricey tag in
    As for the place awesome great facility nice people could use a bit more RO s on duty more often
    i have on several occasions had to say something to another person concerning their unsafe actions on the line or behind it.
    But hey nothings perfect
    In better weather or when im feeling daring i go to saint jacques outdoor range really nice and super cheap 130.00 a year for non restricted its called A.C.P.L
    I am from Montreal as well and I'm looking for a range that I can shoot Military Surplus FMJ, how is the lace on Saint Jascques like, what its name?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer chadeech's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom_45 View Post
    I am from Montreal as well and I'm looking for a range that I can shoot Military Surplus FMJ, how is the lace on Saint Jascques like, what its name?

Sorry did not see this ,, i shoot my sks and mosin there all the time milsurp ammo no problem
    the name is acpl google it ,,,,and no idea what you mean by how is the lace ...lol
    Disarming the victims is not gun control
    Veritas Aequitas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast