Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Website Down

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rugersr22 View Post
    Sorry to hear your hosting company is a disaster! If you are looking to make a change, take a look at Leaseweb. Been using them for years and they are very reliable. Best of luck!
    Hosting companies have limits and it's up to the site administrator to ensure that they're complying with those limits. If not, then an upgrade is required. Decent* hosting online isn't free!

Expired Business
    JERICHO;
    I agree with you, hosting is not free....
    The present server came highly recommended, they began having issues of late due to our heavy traffic.... Instead of calling r e mailing us they simply shut us down and then explained the problem and that we needed an upgrade....
    Money was never the issue, it would have been much more ethical to conatct us and explain the situation, but we found out at the same time as our customers....
    Would you beleive that this provider is one of the largest in North America ?
    BTW they have not complied with many ofthe terms and conditions of the contract , thats an entire other story
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    You should definitely hold them to their contract if that's the case. Some of these corporations need to be held accountable.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    ALL Corporations and ALL people need to be held accountable. There was a time when a person could be taken at their word.

rural area of Oxford County, in SW Ont (east of London)
    Unfortunately, being "too busy" to service your customers is usually self-correcting... Hopefully they have you up and running soon so we can make you too busy again!

I have an Xmas bonus earmarked for new toys!

Just a heads up. The Marstar site is still down for me as of 9:30 PM. Here's the error message:

Service Temporarily Unavailable
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_jk/1.2.35 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_perl/2.0.6 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at www.marstar.ca Port 80

I've been seeing this message for 2 days now.

Paul
    Ploughshare? Thanks, but I'll keep my sword........

The site may still be down (some hostimg companies are terrible at customer relations.... At least in our company we contact the customer and try to work things out.... Shutting things down is only for those that dont respond). They are still taking orders though. I placed an order via phone and email yesterday and it was shipped out today. Can be reached at 888-744-0066

Expired Business
    SHAHAROV;
    Thank you for understanding, we will do our best to service all customers who call in....
    John

Expired Business
    TUCO PIKE;
    You sound like you are of the "old school" ....

Like myself you can remember when a person' word was his bond.... Oh well I'm afraid those days are gone....

Years ago I bought a farm on a handshake, papers done 10 days later.... Even in the arms business I can remember doing million dollar purchases on a handshake, not any more....

Have a Merry Christmas, oops, are we still allowed to say that ??
    John

I have customers that happened to. They don't exceed storage and it is difficult to determine traffic volume and then BOOM, the host shuts them down. One customer it happened to because a news story came out and it didn't involve them but was a similar name and google kept directing searches to their site instead of the one people were looking for.