$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: SAM Military 1911 .45 ACP 5" $440.00

  1. #11
    CGN Regular Gorno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Regina, SK
    Posts
    541
    Too bad they don't offer a railed version in the $450-550 range. I would snap one up in a heartbeat.

  2. #12
    CGN Regular Big_red_truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    bathurst
    Posts
    799
    I might grab a hold of one depending the financial situation once I get home
    I'm canadian eh , there's no doot aboot


    Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    I'm glad I have my tinfoil hat on the morning while operating the microwave oven.
    Rob

  3. #13
    CGN Regular Janeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by gunluver63 View Post
    The Norinco is better for CUSTOM WORK and up grades like the .460 Rowland . google Combat Wilson . Good price. Pricey delivery.
    Nothing - nowhere to sustains that statement. Norinco is not sold in the USA..banned.
    Actually S.A.M. seem made on CNC equipment. Here some history on the company:
    http://www.shootersarms.com.ph/about.php#Profile

  4. #14
    I have no life
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    S. Ontario
    Posts
    2,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    Nothing - nowhere to sustains that statement. Norinco is not sold in the USA..banned.
    Actually that's not accurate. Before the ban Wilson used to list the guns they would work on and one of the ones listed was Norinco. I'm not sure how many ever actually made it into the US but obviously Wilson thought enough of them to list them as suitable for custom work.

  5. #15
    HELP! I sold my soul to the internet st1264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Windsor ON
    Posts
    6,237
    Consensus is that the Norinco frame and slide are of a premium grade steel. Haven't had one myself, just what I've read over and over on CGN. Cosmetics are poor, this is where SAM has them beat. Again, just what I've read on the forums.
    "Let's get ready to RUMBLE... bring on the Zombies"!!!


  6. #16
    CGN Regular Janeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_dent View Post
    Actually that's not accurate. Before the ban Wilson used to list the guns they would work on and one of the ones listed was Norinco. I'm not sure how many ever actually made it into the US but obviously Wilson thought enough of them to list them as suitable for custom work.

    Again this is something that cannot be found anywhere previous to the pre-ban year of 1994. So if you have genuine info or web info about it - Please post a link. I have been following IPSC and Wilson for 30 years + and never stumped on anything Norinco used by Wilson. Looking forward for infos - hard evidence to this.I know this is posted on some forums, by some individual- kind a urban legend - but nothing from Wilson or serious publication could be found on this.

    Wilson started building gun in 1996. Before that date they were making parts.
    I do not see them using a banned product unavailable since 1994.( year they were banned).

    I think we are off topic here LOL ! The S.A.M" line of 1911 is great...that will be my choice of a basic platform for mods.
    Last edited by Janeau; 12-31-2012 at 05:25 PM.

  7. #17
    CGN Regular Fallout's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kebekistan
    Posts
    131
    Very nice handguns, seem to be of great quality. All it needs is a new beavertail, hammer bite is pretty unpleasant.
    A Winchester Model P94 plasma rifle. An industrial-grade energy weapon, firing superheated bolts of plasma down a superconducting barrel. Powered by microfusion cells.

  8. #18
    CGN Regular vhenem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Salmon Arm
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    Again this is something that cannot be found anywhere previous to the pre-ban year of 1994. So if you have genuine info or web info about it - Please post a link. I have been following IPSC and Wilson for 30 years + and never stumped on anything Norinco used by Wilson. Looking forward for infos - hard evidence to this.I know this is posted on some forums, by some individual- kind a urban legend - but nothing from Wilson or serious publication could be found on this.

    Wilson started building gun in 1996. Before that date they were making parts.
    I do not see them using a banned product unavailable since 1994.( year they were banned).

    I think we are off topic here LOL ! The S.A.M" line of 1911 is great...that will be my choice of a basic platform for mods.
    Not to continue the hijack, but check out the FAQ on Wilson's website regarding Norinco pistols, before the ban some did slip through and were considered decent enough to customize wilsoncombat.com/faq_handgun.htm Now back to the S.A.M line, I think a Sigma 9 will have to be in my possession soon http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/det...mm-Barrel.aspx
    Last edited by vhenem; 01-01-2013 at 12:45 AM.

  9. #19
    HELP! I sold my soul to the internet savagefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Calgree.
    Posts
    6,062
    My resolution was no guns in13. I'm already fvcked!
    Here there be morons.

  10. #20
    I have no life
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    S. Ontario
    Posts
    2,108
    Quote Originally Posted by vhenem View Post
    Not to continue the hijack, but check out the FAQ on Wilson's website regarding Norinco pistols, before the ban some did slip through and were considered decent enough to customize wilsoncombat.com/faq_handgun.htm Now back to the S.A.M line, I think a Sigma 9 will have to be in my possession soon http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/det...mm-Barrel.aspx
    I don't know how you found this but thank you. Guess it wasn't an urban legend after all. Next time I'll save my 20 year old catalogs to prove my point because I'm too dumb to remember what I read. Duh!!

    Now to wait for the apology.....cue crickets.
    Last edited by ted_dent; 01-11-2013 at 12:29 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
collapse blockhead options_correctBookmarks