Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: SAM Military 1911 .45 ACP 5" $440.00

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RobertMcC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrock View Post
    Man waiting for this is tough!

Tell me about it, I waited almost 2 months to get mine, Because my range closed and never told anyone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    Received my registration today..... Now all I need is the gun.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrock View Post
    Paid for as of today!!!!!

Can't wait to get this. Haven't had a 1911 in something like 20 years.

I've also ordered some of the Providence Supplies $20 mags. I'll let everyone know what I think of both products soon as I get them.
    I can understand the anticipation. I've bought components and started reloading for guns I didn't yet have in my hand. I bought a few of those same mags that you're getting and they work just fine in my SR1911 for both function and dropping free. Downside is they are welded and don't have a fancy follower. Still function fine, though.

Incidentally, if I had gotten one of those SAM pistols in my hands when I was looking for my first 1911 I'd have bought one of them instead. I was fondling a 9mm one at Wolverine a few weeks back and it felt solid and tight.

I think I would love one in 9.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    I was able to shoot 2 9mm 1911 on my last trip: a Taurus and a double stack Para. The Taurus was very nice and neither was a letdown compared to a .45 insofar as the POW factor goes. I didn't care for the para, despite my large hands - just a bit too fat and angular. Like holding a plank. I'm still leaning towards a CZ Shadow Line, though.

Name:  20130712_154959.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  42.4 KBName:  20130712_160720.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  42.7 KBName:  20130712_154925.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  36.4 KBName:  20130712_154238_2.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  61.4 KB

We have the new arrival!

The pistol is in and cleaned. Machining and finish are outstanding. The quality of this pistol is first rate. All surfaces are even matched for colour and she gleams like a deep pool of oil. Everthing is crisp and all mags, including the three I have from Providence, snap in and out of the mag well. They don't just drop free, they jump out when the mag release is depressed.

The only sharp edge is on the side of the grip safety. So I'll have to tend to that too avoid cutting anyone.

Only issue I could find....... She only came with one mag.

Outstanding all around and an incredible deal from Wolverine.

They took really good care of me, even with a long term layaway (that turned into six months vice 14 due to some scrimping). Good people to deal with and worth your interest as a buyer.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456