Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Your shop made the paper

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMo View Post
    You sell BBQ Aprons too?????
    Standard or kevlar? Black or red?

Are these the restricted or non-restricted BBQ aprons. We obviosly need a registry for these, especially the "BLACK" ones. I understand in Canada that more people die every year from BBQ'd food than from knives or guns.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer HKMark23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyMo View Post
    You sell BBQ Aprons too?????
    "You mean, besides selling firearms to shooters, they sell BBQ apparel to MEAT EATERS" ?? "Darwin save us" !!
    "When you have made evil the means of survival, do not expect men to remain good. Do not expect them to stay moral and lose their lives for the purpose of becoming the fodder of the immoral. Do not expect them to produce, when production is punished and looting rewarded. Do not ask, 'Who is destroying the world?' You are." - Ayn Rand

This is what I wrote to the journalist involved , am curious to see if she will bother answering ...
    "Hi ,

I confessed to being curious , after reading your "article " on the readily availability of "assault weapons " in Canada by your obviously biased views , trying to promote and advocate gun control in light of the tragedy in the States . It is also quite obvious you didn't conduct any research besides going online and browsing through a web store . Your expert is a discredit to his profession by playing on people's fear about using night vision and converting fake suppressor into real one and using them at night , a feat easier said then done . Your article is poor in facts but heavy in sensationalism .

You should look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself this " AM I really a journalist ? " when you find the answer , then I can perhaps help you find yourself a new job . My definition of a respectable journalist is someone who can report facts and inform the public , not use her position to promote an agenda she feels should be promoted based on half truth and poor facts .

Should we review gun control in light of what happens is debatable , but going about it this way is wrong and please consider how Canadian laws are very different the US ones , also take into account that most criminal acts are conducted by criminals that simply are not following the law , so adding more laws and making sure that only criminals are armed will not solve anything, on the contrary .

Cheers "

what do you members think ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike Oxbig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Akronym View Post
    ^ Boycott the Star!
    I read the Toronto Sun online every morning and evening. Last week they now want $1 a month to read online so I decided to try the Star. It was just a ton of Liberal crap bashing everything from Rob Ford to every idiotic special interest group trying to take away my right to use anything they don't own etc. I'm not even sure that they still have news writers and reporters anymore as there's a severe lack of any real news other than the weather.

Needless to say I'm paying $1 a month now

Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post

I also sent a video on cowboy action shooting showing that somoene with a 12 ga break action shotgun can really shoot fast even faster then some people with a semi auto.
    An anti will take one look at that video and say "look how fast you can shoot that too, we need to ban it and everything like it" they will not be converted to the ideas that semi's are fine because a pump is fast too.

Quote Originally Posted by martiy View Post
    The media needs to stop talking about the shooters and focus more on the victims. Every time the press mentions these sick bastards by name and gives them all kinds of coverage, it just makes the next sicko who thinks society has abandoned him, a platform to express his rage with the world. Most of us remember the names of mass murderers; however how many remember the victims names.

Journalism seems to focus and play off of peoples need to feed on negativity, fear and blame. Bad news will always get more coverage than good news.
    A 100% agree

CGN Regular
    Sad part here is that the article was effective for the writer .. it fanned the flames, got some attention and helped sell more papers. Her job is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Would you like HEAT or APDS?
    And this is why I love Wolverine Supplies.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."- General George Patton Jr, NFA, CSSA and NRA Member

She needs a date with a sharpened pencil