Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Your shop made the paper

Dear Santa,

All i want for Christmas this year is, for anyone who blindly stands behind this woman. To be forced to read the posts I see above, before getting to read her "article". Then they can read her poorly written piece of non-fiction and make a slightly more informed decision about where they stand on this issue.
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives"
    "Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for"

Some people beg for a good solid kick in the @^n* then get down and &*rz.

There is no cure for stupid.

She must be a Wendy's groupee
    CSSA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Best thread in a while. Serious LOLs were had on Mr wolverines replies.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

my error reporting contribution to the article in question

Errors cited and my attempts at clarifying them for the corrections that'll never happen...

"it’s easy to forget that assault weapons, which allow the shooter to fire at every squeeze of the trigger, are machines designed explicitly to kill humans in warfare. They are not suitable for hunting, unless the intention is to pump bullets into a forest in the hope that a deer nestled among the trees might be caught napping. Quite the sport."

The author's definition of assault weapon is tainted by their clear dislike of firearms/shooting sports in general, every semi-automatic action hunting rifle/shotgun is capable of firing with each successive trigger pull, not just assault "weapons". And theoretically every firearm can be used for the purpose of hunting, some types less practical than others, but usable nonetheless. Hunting is also not the only regulated shooting sport, clearly the author has never heard of the International Practical Shooter's Confederation(IPSC) which promotes pistol shooting competition.

"The website also features night vision scopes and dummy suppressors (often converted into silencers)."

Where is there any research shown to indicate that there is a wave of individuals converting fake suppressor's into usable models, I suppose the author assumes the average shooter has the access to machinist tools and skills necessary to machine and modify the components required to make a hollow tube a functional silencer.

"Peace researcher Peter Langille notes these accessories are not used in hunting or target practice, but are helpful for killing people quietly after dark from a distance."
    This is one author using another author's (biased) personal opinion and promoting it as gospel. A large number of European countries promote and even require suppressors for shooting sports and hunting to cut down on noise pollution. NOTE*(should have changed "a large number" to "some" but it's too late now)

"All this suggests that the intense Canadian political focus on the federal gun registry may have ultimately been a distraction from an even bigger gun issue — the ready availability of combat weapons in Canada."

Firearms are NOT readily available in Canada, let alone restricted class firearms and especially not prohibited class firearms. One can walk into a sporting goods store, gun shop or even view a firearm retail website and look at firearms. However, one CANNOT impulsively purchase these arms without first taking and passing the appropriate RCMP approved course, paying the applicable fees to the RCMP for licencing, undergoing licence application screening(and they do contact references and guarantors on licence applications) and waiting a minimum 30 day period to even acquire the licence in the first place.

This article was clearly written by someone with a bias against firearms in general (and moreso given recent and current events) and passes off personal and obviously emotional assumptions, impressions and opinions as thoroughly researched information(to the uninformed reader) when clearly there is an abundance of misinformation being spoken again as gospel.

What I also notice the article lacking is any reference to the knife violence directed towards school children in China recently and also over the last several years where citizens have no right to bear firearms. I see no cries to ban the cutlery found in everyone's kitchen.

Clearly it is not only smaller newspapers that not doing any research or "editting" before printing articles for factual accuracy but larger national publications as well. It'd be nice to see this article editted in some way however small but it is unlikely given that the recent events are selling papers and pulling website views given the recent events in our neighbouring United States of America.

CGN Regular
    The article actually makes me want to shop at wolverine

4 people are killed by drunk drivers in Canada every day, following every gun hater’s logic, why don’t we ban all cars or/and alcohol all together?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike Oxbig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by New2U View Post
    4 people are killed by drunk drivers in Canada every day, following every gun hater’s logic, why don’t we ban all cars or/and alcohol all together?
    After these people get their way with one thing they will move on to another no matter how dumb. They get a great seance of achievement when they succeed at forcing others to change because of their twisting facts and getting in everyone's face. These people just like to focus their anger on something so they roll the dice on what it will be this month.

The list of dumb is endless and you laugh about alcohol and cars being banned, well it'll be next.

Here's an example from my work of which i'm sure you've all seen similar at yours.
    At my work we have a weekly safety meeting (steam fitters, Iron workers, electricians, boiler makers, etc) and usually at the start of a new project there's a lot of valid safety complaints and feedback regarding hazards and procedures in and around the new job site.
    Fast forward a year into the project when there's really nothing valid to complain about while everything is now bubble wrapped and the weekly meeting is now just as loud and everyone is just as upset as before about how the toilet paper in the bathrooms makes someones ass chafe or the food in the cafeteria serves too small portions and they are just as angry and vocal as they were at the start of the job when there were holes in the floor 6 stories up with no railings and lose pipes falling from even higher.
    It's the same as all these entitled chatter boxes here in Canada only we about anything we can to keep the safety meeting going for as long as possible so we don't have to go back to work and can finish out complimentary coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by New2U View Post
    10 (+/-) people commit suicide every day in Canada. I'd say other peoples less than kind words have a large role in that. Let's ban words. What would this Linda girl do then? She'd wouldn't be a blabbering idiot any more, she'd just be a regular idiot :|

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fireball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Oxbig View Post
    John, I saw your ad in the Toronto Star and need a suppressed full auto assault rifle that can take out a group of armoured tanks at no less than 10km and one of those BBQ aprons from your site both by Friday.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Would you like HEAT or APDS?
    Oh man......and all I bought from Wolverine yesterday was an AR10 National Match trigger group.

I'll have to keep my eyes open next time.
    NFA CSSA