Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Your shop made the paper

What a tool. I have never dealt with wolverine but I have been on their site a bit and I am glad they offer a great selection and I'm sure that our paths will cross in the future at some point. Keep up the good work.
    Please for the love of god edit your sold EE ads properly

Just when I think people have reached the lowest depths of stupidity, someone builds a better drill...

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMo View Post
    You sell BBQ Aprons too?????

haha thats awesome. I couldn't help but laugh

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike Oxbig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fireball View Post
    Oh man......and all I bought from Wolverine yesterday was an AR10 National Match trigger group.

I'll have to keep my eyes open next time.
    Yea Those BBQ aprons are awesome!

Has anyone gotten replies from that dumb yet?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    I've met John in person and he is a fantastic guy. The business is great. This idiot is another armchair critic who knows only what they see/hear in the media, forms their opinions (which obviously must be true) and then waddles over to their computer to publish their $hYte to whomever will buy it.

Assuming she does not have a PAL, let her go online, order and wait for a delivery confirmation. Or even ask her to call CFO and make her case.

Expired Business
    WOLVERINE;

Hi John;
    As you may recall a few years ago we had an idiot from the French TV network in Quebec do a number on us, we sued, they went bankrupt, etc, etc....
    Unfortunately you can't protect yourself from stupid people, they seem far to creative and resourceful....
    You have our sympathy, chin up....
    Merry Christmas
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Polar Man's Avatar
    NS (if you use the EE, add your province here at the very least!)
    That story warms my heart, John.
    The only free society is an armed society.

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    WOLVERINE;

Hi John;
    As you may recall a few years ago we had an idiot from the French TV network in Quebec do a number on us, we sued, they went bankrupt, etc, etc....
    Unfortunately you can't protect yourself from stupid people, they seem far to creative and resourceful....
    You have our sympathy, chin up....
    Merry Christmas
    John
    Once again thank for you your support.

Merry Christmas John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    Here is my letter to Linda:

Hello Linda,

I'm writing you in response to your article relating to assault style weapons being used in Canada. I'm rather disappointed in your article as I think you have used it to push a hidden agenda and not to inform people like a proper journalist should. The amount of half-truths and outright misinformation presented in the article should cause you to rethink your career as a journalist. I'd like to point out some of the errors in the piece so at least you will be properly informed next time you decide to write a piece on firearms.

The first paragraph states that the shooter in Connecticut used a semi-auto rifle in the school shooting there. That is not the case at all, he actually used a Glock handgun and a Sig handgun. The semi-auto rifle remain in the shooters car the entire time and was not used at all in the shooting. This part of your article saddens me as well because you are using the horrific shooting in Connecticut as a platform for your obviously anti-gun views, not only is this non-objective journalism, but I feel it is dancing on the graves of innocent children in order to push your agenda on the masses.

The Wolverine Supplies website is another bit of misinformation spewed by your article. I have no affiliation with the site at all, but I feel you have represented them in a very untruthful manner. Most people with common sense would say you slandered their business, something that can result in law suits, you may want to avoid that in future articles. The "Packing in Pink" section of the site does have a caricature of a female with a handgun. She is also surrounded by pink firearm safety devices such as shooting glasses and earmuffs, hardly weapons for personal mass destruction, can we say fear mongering Linda? If my wife ever decides to take up shooting sports I hope she decides to wear proper safety gear, and if it being pink helps her feel comfortable with it than that is even better.

Another bit of misinformation is that people don't use semi-automatic rifles for hunting. People have been using semi-automatic firearms for hunting for 50 years or more. There are many popular non-tactical firearms out there that are used for hunting, they have equal or more damage potential to the assault style weapons you are rallying against in this article. Since all semi-automatic centerfire firearms in Canada must have the magazine pinned to 5 rounds or less, all semi-automatic firearms are basically equal in capabilities, they only look different. All AR-15 style rifles in Canada are generally Restricted, which means owners must go through additional training and background checks with the RCMP in order to own them. After purchasing them, they must get a permit to transport them to an approved range so they can target shoot, none of these rifles are legal to shoot off a range. So unless a deer wanders across the targets of an approved range they will never be used for hunting. These firearms are also restricted to 5 round magazines, same as any other semi-automatic firearm.

You mention that people applying for a Restricted Firearms license go through RCMP screening, but did you also know that the RCMP calls previous conjugal partners for the last five years and references? Surely an ex-boyfriend/girlfriend would have a pretty good idea on the mental capabilities of the person applying for the license. Short of intense psychological questioning I think the RCMP is already going above and beyond to insure that only stable, responsibly people own guns.

I should mention that buying an assault style firearm is not as easy as putting it in your cart online. Wolverine Supple has a very modern well organized website and it would appear at first glance that you could do just that, but I challenge you as a non-gun owner to attempt to purchase an assault style firearm. I think you will find considerable red tape and personal expense (taking courses and licensing fees) before you are able to purchase a firearm of this kind.

I should mention Linda that I am also not a firearm owner. I do however have my PAL (Possesion and Aquisiton) licence, I have taken the course and passed the background checks, I can legally purchase a non-restricted longgun to use for hunting or target shooting. I got my PAL because I believe that as a Canadian and a free person (something my ancestors fought for) that I should be able to purchase a firearm. Gun control is proven to not work along with the gun registary (criminals don't follow laws and will get illegal guns to commit crimes with, they don't buy and registar guns to shoot someone with.) You may not own a gun or ever plan to, that is okay with me, I respect that you have chosen to not own a firearm, but please do not try to make legitimate firearms owners out to be devious criminals, we aren't. Just to walk in our shoes for a minute, please think of a hobby or interest that you have, possible visiting coffee shops or reading or any other interest. Now imagine that someone decided that was unsafe and must be made illegal, imagine you had to take a course and pass background checks to drink your morning coffee, and someone still wanted to ban your coffee and take it away. It's the same thing with legal responsible gun owners, you are attempting to ban an inanimate object, and at the same time infringing on the rights and freedoms of your fellow man.

Linda, I sincerely hope you have made it this far in my letter, my goal of the letter is to inform and also help you see my point of view

Thanks so much for your time,