fees for pal, restricted pal license
I just challenged the firearm safety course (non-restricted) a few weeks back,
I'm looking shooting as a hobby, just firing at gun range/target. If I go ahead and send
my PAL for non-restricted, and pay the fee (I think its 60$) do I need to pay for the full
restricted license fee ($85)? Are these two seperate fees, for two different kind of licenses?
I ask because the next restricted testing is in april, unless there's a cancellation..
If i wait, I can apply for both but if I don't I can target practice some come the new year.
I'd appreciate some advice.
Thanks for visiting
Yes, if you get your PAL, you will need to pay again to upgrade to the RPAL and resubmit all the paperwork all over again.
If you have your pal now and submit in for your rpal in April, your fees will be $40. I just went through this and if you have acquired your pal in the last 3 years then "upgrade" to rpal, your fees will be $40.
Super Team Gunnutz
if your not dying to get shooting NR guns then send in your Pal stuff they hold it for 28 days. Pay the $80 for your Pal and Rpal and just out a sticky note for them to hold till april with the date of your RPal course. The other option is to submit and once you see it online call and tell them or confirm your taking your Rpal in spring. They will just hold till you FAX them your RPal exam so you dont have to wait for the mail or redo all the forms. I just did this method and it was smooth and pain free.
My Family of Guns, Ready, Aim, Fire!
Sorry, If I'm asking the same question to you ChiWaWa I just want to understand it.
so they just held onto your application until they received all the forms, or did they license you a pal in the meantime?
did you pay the $80 total, up front, or for the pal.. and then the additional $40?
Im going to say they didnt send him his pal in the meantime. That would mean they'd have to print two seperate cards. But Maybe you could call them for your Pal number before doing your rpal test. Could be wrong. Its happened before.
Originally Posted by freeballer
I think, after I spoke to a forum member, I'd rather have some time to shoot before april rolls around
(the date of the next crfsc test). If I could have done the test in the next few weeks, it'd have been a different story.
I still have available some of my dad's guns (which are legally owned by another individual) and it would
make time to get familiar with firearms and hopefully meet some people locally or join a club.
EDIT/UPDATE: I guess things are looking up. I just got phoned by the man in charge of restricted firearm testing (crfsc)
and there is an opening available by the end of january, instead of april, to challenge the test.
Last edited by freeballer; 01-07-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Got a question, My application is online as in progress, done initial processing. They have already charged my credit card but have not done any interviews. Does this mean they will not be doing interviews? I assumed they would charge me only after everything was completed. Any ideas?
They will do interviews..it'll happen
Originally Posted by Rackem87
Thanks man, longest wait EVER!! or so it seems haha cheers.
Originally Posted by nitpicker