Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SKS ATI Stock

CGN Regular

SKS ATI Stock

I recently had a disappointing experience with Marstar and their SKS-ATI after market stock...

I ordered an ATI stock to fit my Norinco SKS model 'D'. They told me that the one they had would fit with the only modification needed would be to widen out the magazine-well (mistake #1).

When I went to put the stock on I found that what they sold me was molded for the Russian (Simonov style) SKS bayonet, I needed to remove a small 'nub' under the forestock (mistake #2).

Once I had the rifle on the stock I realized that it did not fit nicely, at all, and that it tended to 'rattle'. It was a piece of junk! It didn't even look nice. I took it right off and found a Tapco stock at my local dealer (Al Simmon's) and found that everything fit first try, NO MODS!!! Even looks great.

I couldn't return the stock to take advantage of their "Ironclad Guarantee"as I made a small mod to it, so I thought I would give them some 'feedback' so that they know what they are selling their customers (mistake #3). They treated me like they couldn't care less and not even a hint of an apology for selling me a Simonov stock to go on a Norinco rifle!

Not impressed Marstar!....

Nevermind. . .
    Read -> Comprehend -> Post

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jwirecom109's Avatar
    Mistake #1 buying something that needs to be modified for use on your gun.
    Mistake #2 changing out the stock on a SKS (looks better stock)
    Mistake #3 Complaining on CGN, prepare to get flamed.
    The Only good Zombie is a dead zombie. Unless that zombie is in a room full of liberal pigs, enjoy your gun control. - Jwirecom109 (ME!)
    A government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.” - Ayn Rand

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FMP View Post
    Perhaps you should read the ironclad guarantee again . . .
    I did read the "Ironclad Guarantee" again before I phoned or posted.

Perhaps you should read my post again.... I admitt to making at least 3 mistakes here. The first one was believing that I was being sold something that would work, the second one was mine (refer to your post, again), the last was thinking that Marstar might care that about a customer's opinion and about misleading me...

Still disappointed....

CGN Regular
    LOL, flame-away! Opinions are like A-holes, everyone's got one....

Expired Business
    DIVER DRIVER;
    I get the feeling I am inviting another million pages of opinions, but here goes regardless....

I searched our data base and fail to locae any customer called Diver Driver....
    So I would ask you if maybe you ordered under another name ?

Did you you e mail us regarding the problem ??

Did you contact me regarding the issue ??

"I couldn't return the stock to take advantage of their "Ironclad Guarantee"as I made a small mod to it, so I thought I would give them some 'feedback' so that they know what they are selling their customers (mistake #3)."
    We have sold hundreds of these over the years for the SKS "D" rifle, folks realize that fitting is needed.... We have experienced very few problems.

" They treated me like they couldn't care less and not even a hint of an apology for selling me a Simonov stock to go on a Norinco rifle! "
    I have a great deal of problems with this statement, who were you talking with ? Do you really think it makes sense to not care about our customers when we run a mail oreder house....????
    Now you have me confused A Siminov stock for a Norinco rifle ?? Can you explain this ??

You claim to have read our warranty, then you should have contacted us.... Send the stock back, let me have alook at it and see what can be done
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gitrdun's Avatar
    I purchased an ATI Fiberforce stock for my SKS (not from Marstar), knowing full well that some slight modifications would be required. Sure enough, I had to make some mods to the gas tube guard (filing) and some to the magazine well (dremel). This was expected and my SKS looks great in it's new skirt. Being what SKS or Norinco is, I certainly would expect that it would be difficult to make a stock that fits them all like a glove without slight mods.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    DIVER DRIVER;
    I get the feeling I am inviting another million pages of opinions, but here goes regardless....

I searched our data base and fail to locae any customer called Diver Driver....
    So I would ask you if maybe you ordered under another name ?

Did you you e mail us regarding the problem ??

Did you contact me regarding the issue ??

"I couldn't return the stock to take advantage of their "Ironclad Guarantee"as I made a small mod to it, so I thought I would give them some 'feedback' so that they know what they are selling their customers (mistake #3)."
    We have sold hundreds of these over the years for the SKS "D" rifle, folks realize that fitting is needed.... We have experienced very few problems.

" They treated me like they couldn't care less and not even a hint of an apology for selling me a Simonov stock to go on a Norinco rifle! "
    I have a great deal of problems with this statement, who were you talking with ? Do you really think it makes sense to not care about our customers when we run a mail oreder house....????
    Now you have me confused A Siminov stock for a Norinco rifle ?? Can you explain this ??

You claim to have read our warranty, then you should have contacted us.... Send the stock back, let me have alook at it and see what can be done
    John
    It was nice to get a direct response from Martsar so decided to PM "Johnone" to start a direct dialogue and feedback.... Thanks John.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
    Being what SKS or Norinco is, I certainly would expect that it would be difficult to make a stock that fits them all like a glove without slight mods.
    Trust me try Tapco; no filing, no cutting, no cheap/soft plastic with a crappy fit and no rattling... A perfect-tight fit with a solid feel and good look!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer twistedbrilliance's Avatar
    I have an ATI on my Norc SKS which I got from marstar and it fit with no mods and looks good. Much better ergonomics than the original stock.
    lib*er*al: 'li-b(&-)r&l
    noun: a person so open-minded their brains have fallen out

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast