Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MG 42 Deactivated

CGN frequent flyer BigBeaverBoomStix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    It is attitudes like that which is why we have the nonsense we have now. It's the me me me attitude, and if the banning of this or that doesn't directly affect me I'm not going to do anything about it. If Canadian gun owners had of stuck together instead of letting only a few do the fighting, there would be NO Firearms Act as created under that Bill C-68, there would be no prohibited class of handguns (which made some great guns valueless), and other things could have then been accomplished like handgun hunting would exist again, the AR Platform would not be restricted and you could still hunt with your AR or your AK for that matter. This is not a slam on Wolverine as he and they have done their fair share to fight the good fight, but about the rest of the whiners and complainers out there. I think it was 12 or so fellows that made it out to the Toronto meeting to fight Adam Vaughn. TWELVE!!! And over half of those guys were from out of town, and that whole movement has died down to only a couple of us still working on stuff.

A guy I knew a few years ago was telling me that a nice rifle he had was later deemed prohibited and the York Regional Police came to confiscate it. He told me that his rifle went into service with the department. I asked him why did he allow them to take his gun? He said because he had a house and a family. What kind of example is that to set for ones children, that it is O.K. for armed men to come into your home and steal your legally purchased property and then get to use it for free? If he was unable to stand up and not give in, then he should have at least made it a useless piece of inoperative junk. Our great great grandfathers would kick us in the nuts for the slack jawed sheep we have become in Canada.
    Well said. I too would choose deactivation over out right theft.

Can they be converted to semi-auto only?
    Last edited by Kelvin; 12-23-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
    Can they be converted to semi-auto only?
    NO! In Canada, 'once a auto, ALWAYS an auto'... So you can't buy it & convert it... Then it'd be a CONVERTED AUTO, yet another 'class'...

Don't try to understand the logic, it will make your head hurt.

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    NO! In Canada, 'once a auto, ALWAYS an auto'... So you can't buy it & convert it... Then it'd be a CONVERTED AUTO, yet another 'class'...

Don't try to understand the logic, it will make your head hurt.

Cheers
    Jay
    Jay is correct, these can only be sold deactivated, that is the Canadian law!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer XRCD011's Avatar
    The owner is free to do as he wishes with his property. But here is my question on this is it not possible to figure out a means to make a NEW semi auto receiver, strip out all the donour parts from the FA guns and give the guns a new lease on life ?? The guns are here in Canada so there are no crossing borders/importation issues, we have some VERY capable people in Canada at this sort of thing. Then take the stripped FA receiver and make that "dewatted" or just destory it. If they could be made into semi NR that, to me, would be better then then dewating them. Sadly way down the road I see everything getting dewatted thanks to our crazy laws. Not even sure if its "doable" just seems worth trying if one had the skills and knowledge and equipment to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by XRCD011 View Post
    The owner is free to do as he wishes with his property. But here is my question on this is it not possible to figure out a means to make a NEW semi auto receiver, strip out all the donour parts from the FA guns and give the guns a new lease on life ?? The guns are here in Canada so there are no crossing borders/importation issues, we have some VERY capable people in Canada at this sort of thing. Then take the stripped FA receiver and make that "dewatted" or just destory it. If they could be made into semi NR that, to me, would be better then then dewating them. Sadly way down the road I see everything getting dewatted thanks to our crazy laws. Not even sure if its "doable" just seems worth trying if one had the skills and knowledge and equipment to make it happen.
    A good idea but simply not cost effective for the small number of guns involved. Anything can be made if price is no object, remember also the "wild card" is the Government, they can always change the rules. It is like being at school playing games with a bully, every time you think you are winning the bully changes the rules!

WHAT?? They are deactivated??? Who dares to do this? How could you do this??? They are made of love and you just kill them....

PS: Too bad wish i had the class 12.2
    Si vis pacem, para bellum. Veni vidi vici. Alea jacta est. Molon labe. Vae victis. Deus velox nex. Amat victoria curam. SUNT LACRIMAE RERUM ET MENTEM MORTALIA TANGUNT.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Recce21's Avatar
    Can't you strip them for parts and cut the receivers?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Jay is correct, these can only be sold deactivated, that is the Canadian law!
    Am I correct in assuming the price wouldn't change if they were sold live to an appropriately licenced business?

Quote Originally Posted by DocZoid View Post
    Am I correct in assuming the price wouldn't change if they were sold live to an appropriately licenced business?
    Correct, but now SPF, thanks for the interest . Merry Christmas.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast