Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: SFRC AR15's

Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    Personally, IMO, I think $1000 to $1600 for an upper and $1600 to $2400 for complete is fine Canadian pricing for quality AR (not a Norc, that is Cheap). I do think that the pricing of $2300 for an upper (Questar, sponsor link) and $1860 for an upper (again, sponsor link) is when, IMO, the line of "expensive" is crossed.
    Well, that's like, your opinion, man.
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

Flat top, 20 inch, chrome line 1/7 barrel, free floated, quality brake and sign me up I really think a 20" 1/7 barrel in a modern ar is in high demand.
    Shut it down

Originally Posted by Aniest

Personally, IMO, I think $1000 to $1600 for an upper and $1600 to $2400 for complete is fine Canadian pricing for quality AR (not a Norc, that is Cheap). I do think that the pricing of $2300 for an upper (Questar, sponsor link) and $1860 for an upper (again, sponsor link) is when, IMO, the line of "expensive" is crossed..
    We have not seen the items and we havent done any endurance testing on them. SFRC hasnt even been tested to provide after purchases parts and warantee service. How could you start putting price tags on them?

We do not know who the manufacturer is? or do you? Chances are they were made by Norinco and branded by SFRC becuase SFRC hasnt opened their own production line in Canada.

Do you really want to pay that much money for it, if you know that it is a Norinco copy? It is not like SFRC have sent someone to china to retool and retrain Chinese machinery and workers like some of the multinantionals to produce a high quality item.

Patience grass hopper and keep you pants on!! let us see the product before we price them so high because if they are nothing more than a Norinco copy they will sell for about the same price as the Norinco would.

Relax take it easy let SFRC show us their first attempt at making an AR15

Woo hoo! I'm rebranding Norinco as my own! I learn something new every time I log on here On another note, the company I was to get my forgings from has told me they are extremely behind and might not have any production space until late summer/fall now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    Woo hoo! I'm rebranding Norinco as my own! I learn something new every time I log on here On another note, the company I was to get my forgings from has told me they are extremely behind and might not have any production space until late summer/fall now.
    having read the thread, I am certian they are not made by Norinco. I may have missphrased the post I am trying to make the point that we should wait and see before we start throwing price tags like at a fleamarket biding on items we havn't even seen.

I am sure you are producing an excellent rifle and I am very interested but I would like to see it before I assign value to it.

That may have come across wrong. I figured you were joking/trying to make a point that they hadn't been seen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    That may have come across wrong. I figured you were joking/trying to make a point that they hadn't been seen yet.
    No worries!!

Keep up the good work we need more people like you willing to produce products in Canada even if only a small number of parts are made in Canada that is a good start. Manufacturing is the base of a healthy economy. If Germany can do it given their high cost of living why cant we?

It is all about producing quality at a reasenable price and building a proper distribution channel to bring it to the consumer.

Good luck!!

hey ryan thanks for sticking your neck out for us. you have gone around the block with use afew time so you know what dealing with us can be like, I for one am just glad to have one more option.
    ars are like icecream, sometimes you just need other flavors.
    https://ericaswimmingdream.tilt.com/year1
    Hey CGNers. Here is your chance to crowed fund a future Olympic hopeful and current gun nut!! thanks for your help everyone

Well first off, Ryan my hat's off to you sir.

I always want to encourage a successful well thought out home grown solution to the AR supply chain dilemma here in Canada.

You have picked a tough road and I whish you the greatest success!!

I know I am looking forward to seeing your quality and reliable product.

It will make an excellent platform and base for other related AR projects!!

Now if you will all indulge me..........Aniest do not despair!!

If Ryan is able to get his AR line to work well, uppers and complete guns in 223Wylde, 300Blackout/Whisper, and 7.62x39 are in the worst case scenario a bolt, barrel, and Mag change away!!

I am not familiar with 6.5SPC, but I am familiar with 6.8 SPC (0.277 cal), and if so, all of the calibers you mentioned will work on the AR-15 Foot print, and work very well.

I can speak with some authority on the subject as I have personally built fully functional, reliable AR-15 carbines in all of the above calibers, EXCEPT 300Blackout/Whisper.

We really do live in exciting times with regards to the AR’s in Canada!!

Regards

AbH

BANNED
    Kind of funny ho some people demand to know every little facet of production. Do people call Daniel Defense or Spikes Tactical demanding parts specs and manufacturing data before they buy???
    They tell you to stuff it.