Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: $100 Finders Fee

Uber Super GunNutz YouAreInOilCountry's Avatar
    John, I emailed the seller, and received the following reply:

Hello (name removed):
    Yes, as of today the pistol is still for sale. The individual who was the intended buyer was unable to secure the required permits for importation into his country, (middle east).
    Paul
    From: "Contactseller@gunsinternational.com" <Contactseller@gunsinternational.com>
    To: gopherhead2003@yahoo.com
    Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 12:26 AM
    Subject: An inquiry regarding your GunsInternational.com listing #100279096

Regarding your listing on GunsInternational.com

Question/Message:
    RE: Charles Lancaster smooth oval bore 4 barrel hammerless pistol in 476 caliber I have an interested buyer, if you still have the gun for sale. My buyer will have no problem importing it into Canada.

GI#: 100279096
    SKU#: 1000585
    Title: Charles Lancaster 4 Barrel 476 Caliber Pistol
    Description:
    Sale Pending 11/12/12

A rarely seen Charles Lancaster smooth oval bore 4 barrel hammerless pistol in 476 caliber. Ordered by Captain Somerset Astell, of the Prince of Wales's, North Staffordshire Regiment, in May 1889. It was subsequently returned to Lancaster in February 1891 for, "the purpose of reducing the barrel length by 5 cm, fitment of a lower front sight blade and the securing of a stop pin to partially impede travel of the opening lever". This 123 year old superb example of the London gunmakers art still functions flawlessly, with a crisp pull and little kick even with 450 Kynoch ammunition. Lancaster's signature oval bores are mint, the checkered ebony wood grips show only minor wear. Its oak pistol box contains a military marked matching number 6B brass cleaning rod, ebony shaft brass cleaning jag, oil bottle, brush and ebony handle turnscrew. There is a very well made elephant hide belt holster included. An extremely rare example of a period correct pistol that had served as a named officer's utililitarian side arm, modified for his use no doubt, based on his personal battlefield experiences in the Sudan. A wonderful addition to any English sidearm collection.

Price: $15,500.00
    "It's like, at the end there is this surprise quiz. Am I proud of me? I gave my life to become this person I am right now. Was it worth what I paid?" - Richard Bach

Reality doesn’t care what is on social media.

BANNED
    South East of the Center of the Universe.
    OP, does Overseer get the $100? You asked, he found, or were there "conditions" on the finders fee that you neglected to include?

Quote Originally Posted by plinker 777 View Post
    OP, does Overseer get the $100? You asked, he found, or were there "conditions" on the finders fee that you neglected to include?
    I don't think I neglected to include any "conditions" I did say: "Will be pleased to pay $100 finders fee for any information leading to the successful purchase" . I have recieved lots of leads and I think one member will be collecting $100 shortly. I was already aware of the Lancaster listed for $15,500.00 unless I am missing something the asking price is way to high (just my opinion) so I do not think a successful purchase will take place. Thanks for all the leads.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    ...I think one member will be collecting $100 shortly...
    I'd love to see detailed pics. These are a rare piece of history.

Thanks Brian, I am aware of Holts, I let this one go as she had been bored out to .410, now I am wishing I had bid on her. I was told the barrels had been smooth bored, now I am not so sure this was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by spi View Post
    I'd love to see detailed pics. These are a rare piece of history.
    It is my intention to start a thread with pictures of Lancaster and Howdah pistols, they are fast becoming a passion of mine.

CGN Regular
    I just received an email from the Australian dealer notifying me the pistol they have is still for sale. It is a double barrel break version of the pistol. Not sure if you were determined on only the 4 barrel pistol.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by mini_cal View Post
    I just received an email from the Australian dealer notifying me the pistol they have is still for sale. It is a double barrel break version of the pistol. Not sure if you were determined on only the 4 barrel pistol.

Cheers.
    So did I, will send them an e- mail tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck, you may get $100. Just purchased a 2 barreled .476 today.