Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ishapore FNs : 12(3) or 12(5)?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ar180shooter View Post
    You mean had the fun switch taken away after...
    No it had the fun switch in it and I shot it like that.... was lots and lots of fun...

He was given it to use at the end of the Korean war since they wanted to field test the rifle thats how he was issused it and when he retired after he requested his rifle which they didn't want to give it to him since it was brand new and he was the only one to use it. He requested his rifle for 6 months they said they would give him one off the back of a truck (just any old one) and he said No I want my rifle not any other. They said no paper work he said no I don't care if there is paper work I want my rifle.. It has been deactiavted and stuck on display so it was basicly destroyed in the end.

He explained to me how the 12.3 (converted Fns were junk) His had a heavy machine gun barrel and was made to be full auto with a slector were the semi auto version was converted after and was often full auto only were his was just a switch and a proper slector he took it apart and showed me the diffrence and why it was a propper firearm. His neighbor was issused a sten gun in WW2 and his father used to make them in the basment for the war effort so he said with some basic tools and pumbing parts you can make it so really they can never take firearms away because you can just make it the only problem is making a rifled barrel. I was taught why full auto was effective the draw backs to it how to do supresion fire and how it works. Its basicly full auto ok bob run ahead I'll spray them. You hit nothing with it on full auto it just goes straight up basicly. The Tompson sub machine gun is allot easier to shoot in full auto and the best way to do it is hold it from the hip and pull the trigger and let go so it spits a few rounds out comes back down then do it again. Let me put it this way with the tompson I shot 30 rounds in full auto and hit 0/30 target cans. The second time I hit 2. I put it on semi auto and I hit 30/30 at age 4. The fn was best used in semi auto but I got to shoot 1 magaizne out of it before you couldnt shoot it anymore.
    Last edited by haha49; 12-26-2012 at 03:30 AM.

I bought mine in 1991 after a Summer of fun with FNC1s... I had fun with her at the shooting range! She is an Isaphore in very good condition and I was able to find a rear FNC1 sight. I was really disapointed when we received the letter about their interdiction for the range. I bought a M305 after, as I had some ammo to shot but it's not the same thing...

Merry Holidays to everyone and thanks for your answers!
    Last edited by norinco2009; 12-26-2012 at 07:53 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Don't all 12.3 transfers have to have the firearm shipped to the RCMP forensic lab now ?
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Mine's a 12(5). It was listed as restricted back until just after C-68 kicked everyone in the arse, but it wasn't long before I received an updated registration certificate - bastards!

May I quote Alan Rock? "These laws will not in any way inconvenience law abiding gun owners."

I hope someone punched him in the face for Christmas!

(Before some Liberal troll gets his or her bright red panties in a knot, the mag has been pinned to five rounds.)
    When someone sends me text asking a question and uses "plz" instead of "please" because it's shorter, I always tell them "no" instead of "yes" because it's shorter!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by dorm View Post
    Mine's a 12(5). It was listed as restricted back until just after C-68 kicked everyone in the arse, but it wasn't long before I received an updated registration certificate - bastards!

May I quote Alan Rock? "These laws will not in any way inconvenience law abiding gun owners."

I hope someone punched him in the face for Christmas!

(Before some Liberal troll gets his or her bright red panties in a knot, the mag has been pinned to five rounds.)

Ahhh yes....Alan Rock..the largest collective civil rights violator in recent Canadian history.

My Ishapore with FNC1 rear sight and some 64 Pattern items...

)
    She's a little bit harder to disassembly than an FNC1... I did it in, blindfolded, with reassembly, in 38 seconds...

I think it's the worst webbing CF ever know... I know, I switch the mess kit pouch and the bayonet... I wanted to do it too quick. I had to get the webbing out of the box... I found my 51 and my 82 near...
    Last edited by norinco2009; 12-27-2012 at 01:42 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ar180shooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    No it had the fun switch in it and I shot it like that.... was lots and lots of fun...

He was given it to use at the end of the Korean war since they wanted to field test the rifle thats how he was issused it and when he retired after he requested his rifle which they didn't want to give it to him since it was brand new and he was the only one to use it. He requested his rifle for 6 months they said they would give him one off the back of a truck (just any old one) and he said No I want my rifle not any other. They said no paper work he said no I don't care if there is paper work I want my rifle.. It has been deactiavted and stuck on display so it was basicly destroyed in the end.

He explained to me how the 12.3 (converted Fns were junk) His had a heavy machine gun barrel and was made to be full auto with a slector were the semi auto version was converted after and was often full auto only were his was just a switch and a proper slector he took it apart and showed me the diffrence and why it was a propper firearm. His neighbor was issused a sten gun in WW2 and his father used to make them in the basment for the war effort so he said with some basic tools and pumbing parts you can make it so really they can never take firearms away because you can just make it the only problem is making a rifled barrel. I was taught why full auto was effective the draw backs to it how to do supresion fire and how it works. Its basicly full auto ok bob run ahead I'll spray them. You hit nothing with it on full auto it just goes straight up basicly. The Tompson sub machine gun is allot easier to shoot in full auto and the best way to do it is hold it from the hip and pull the trigger and let go so it spits a few rounds out comes back down then do it again. Let me put it this way with the tompson I shot 30 rounds in full auto and hit 0/30 target cans. The second time I hit 2. I put it on semi auto and I hit 30/30 at age 4. The fn was best used in semi auto but I got to shoot 1 magaizne out of it before you couldnt shoot it anymore.
    You seem to not understand something... 12.3 is converted auto, meaning it was full auto at one point, but then was converted to a semi-automatic only configuration. If it is currently full auto, it falls in to the 12.2 category, regardless if it was manufactured as a semi-auto or a full auto.

BANNED
    Alright, I understand this classification business, but. How long has the L1A1 or the semi auto only been out of service now? Isn't it really a surplus item anyways? Where did they all go? Hope not to the melter!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast