Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ishapore FNs : 12(3) or 12(5)?

Most of the Canadian FNC1's were simply destroyed... As I know, they were kept in poor storage conditions

CGN frequent flyer
    I would assume that they were destroyed. At one time some OPP FNs that were Canadian C1s were disposed of by being sold to a company in England. Much to the OPP's surprise they were sold back to an importer in Canada then to civilian hands. That did not go over well. They can be identified by an OPP stamping on the receiver, I remember seeing one at a gun show years ago.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer albayo's Avatar
    I had a new one of the 8L C1's that came back into Canada beautiful gun. I sold it to a collector that paid me a crazy price even back then. In the FRT file they don't list any full-auto 1A1's.
    Any of the ones I have owned were all 12-5.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer NavyShooter's Avatar
    I have one of those....nice rifle. Never fired it.

Maybe someday.
    One shot one tequilla

Death from a bar....

Delete
    Last edited by Sargeant Slaughter; 02-03-2013 at 01:25 AM.

As much as I want one of those rifles they are prohib12.3 what a disappoint.

Did I mention that I hate our gun laws?

CGN Regular
    When did the FAL go from non-R to R?
    I forget when I got mine, but it was R ay that point.
    Probably around 1988 or so.

Fall of 1983. I registered my originally FA (Full Auto) Belgium FN FAL (Portugese Contract) as a restricted weapon a few months before the new regulations came into effect.

In 1992 I re-registered it as a CA (converted auto) a few months before the October 2nd, 1992 deadline.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer albayo's Avatar
    I have had FN FALs and L1 A1s, the only 12-3 I have run across were Israeli FN FALs.
    There arn't many Verifiers that could tell you the difference between CA and a Semi-Auto FN. I am a Verifier because there isn't anyone around here that could verify military firearms. I tried to get guns verified when the system was up and running, and I got frustrated with some of the Verifiers they would send people over to my house to identify firearms. So I became one.
    Last edited by albayo; 01-04-2013 at 07:53 AM.

i still have a C1 A1 sitting in my safe i use to have a consecutive pair of C1a1s back in the day ...all Ex opp i had a minty 1956 C1 never upgraded to A1 it was a DCRA rifle ...it had the little wood carry handle and slotted forestocks AND a 1 piece firing pin ...
    go belt fed or go home

Quote Originally Posted by pedja View Post
    Hope laws will change one day.

When people say :- We live in a free country.
    i'll tell them:- I dont think so.
    if they say :- Why not?
    i'll tell them :- Cause automatic weapons are prohibited and many semi autos are phohibited also.

RIP automatics weapons.......
    Free country himmmmm!!!

I visited and for a short time I lived in one of those where people can do anyhting and buy anything no respect for the law refuse and rejected any attempt by the government to legislate and where people have little if any human rights. You wouldnt want to live there because people are killing each other on the streets gangs have more power than the police but the people are free to do anything they feel like provided they have the cash.

Believe me that is no place to live and have a family.

You dont know what you are wishing for....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast