Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tnw m2/m3hb eta

delete
    Last edited by stencollector; 12-19-2015 at 11:47 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    My statement is about how a gun receiver doesn't need to have ever been assembled or fired full auto, for it to be considered a full auto receiver.

For them to be all reclassified, the law would need to change. I'm sure the liberals have ideas on how to do that.

Currently however, the RCMP do not, and never have, had that ability or power on their own outside of the interpretations of the firearms act, which is politician controlled.

The rcmp are the messenger, the firearms act is the message, politicians are the author.
    Well actually the RCMP firearms lab in the past have never been listed by law as the governing body to determine classification status of firearms for civilian ownership.

CGN frequent flyer
    Some very interesting opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by stencollector View Post
    From the Canadian Criminal Code:
    “prohibited firearm”

« arme à feu prohibée »

“prohibited firearm” means

(a) a handgun that

(i) has a barrel equal to or less than 105 mm in length, or

(ii) is designed or adapted to discharge a 25 or 32 calibre cartridge,

but does not include any such handgun that is prescribed, where the handgun is for use in international sporting competitions governed by the rules of the International Shooting Union,

(b) a firearm that is adapted from a rifle or shotgun, whether by sawing, cutting or any other alteration, and that, as so adapted,

(i) is less than 660 mm in length, or

(ii) is 660 mm or greater in length and has a barrel less than 457 mm in length,

(c) an automatic firearm, whether or not it has been altered to discharge only one projectile with one pressure of the trigger, or

(d) any firearm that is prescribed to be a prohibited firearm;

The TNW was never capable of fully automatic fire. With the RCMP's newer interpretation that the recycled plates make it a C/A, does that automatically infect or change the status of the right sideplate? Also, remember that at present, the RCMP cannot change the classification of the previous guns nor are they supposed to change the entries. The only entry for a prohibited (C/A) TNW is the one Canadian Arsenals gun that someone submitted. That is the maker on the FRT entry. At present, all other TNWs remain non-restricted.

I do agree that their funding and the weight they carry in court make it difficult to beat them. Many have tried, and few have succeeded.
    Except they made guns from demilled full auto guns too which is why the additional entries were made.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    My statement is about how a gun receiver doesn't need to have ever been assembled or fired full auto, for it to be considered a full auto receiver.

For them to be all reclassified, the law would need to change. I'm sure the liberals have ideas on how to do that.

Currently however, the RCMP do not, and never have, had that ability or power on their own outside of the interpretations of the firearms act, which is politician controlled.

The rcmp are the messenger, the firearms act is the message, politicians are the author.
    So why don't you have your RPD ?
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

delete.
    Last edited by stencollector; 12-19-2015 at 11:46 PM.

CGN Regular
    Delete
    Last edited by Airborneboi69; 12-19-2015 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stencollector View Post
    delete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborneboi69 View Post
    Delete
    You guys are no fun !!!

I fear we may be poking a giant with this talk. They can do their own figuring out without us helping them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    delete
    Last edited by SigWig; 05-15-2016 at 08:39 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast