Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: archangel rem700 mags? Help!

archangel rem700 mags? Help!

Hey Hical, I recently purchased the archangel fully bedded stock for my rem700 .308 and an extra 20 round mag. I havent been able to use the 20 round mag because the follower gets jamed up with the spring and mag body and doesn't push rounds up. I went out shooting last night and now my 10 round mag is doing the same. Is there anything that can be done? DIfferent followers maybe? Are there better alternative mags that I can buy? I sent you an email 5 days ago but have not received a reply. 100% love the stock but hate the mags.
    Thanx!
    NFA member

I am having the same troubles also. Any chance of new followers?

We are waiting for a reply from Promag. I will try again Mon.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

Thank you! Awesome service as always. Do you sell alternative mags that fit this stock?
    NFA member

No, these are the mags that fit. I talked to Promag, they said some of the mag bodies have minor burrs on the inside, they recommend dis assembly & clean up the inside of the mag body with emery cloth, that should solve the problem.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Ok thanx! Ill try that and let you know
    NFA member

I have the same problems more so with the 20s then the 10, this is what I found.
    The follower is barrel rolling once it's past the tapering funnel at the top of the mag. Causing the ammo to expand and wedge against the sides on the 20 round mags. there's a tail at the back of the follower that is not wide or long enough to do the job, and the spring is mounted at the very back instead of the center pushing up primmer first. Load the mag past the problem and open the bottom of the mag HALF way and have a look.

Yeah it tips the bullet down on mine too. There has to be a better follower. I wonder if the aia followers would work
    NFA member

KCI M14 .308 Win. 5/20 Round Magazines are on sale a Wolverine $15 might work with some mods? I have 1 on order to give it a try in mine.

http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/det...-Magazine.aspx

I will drop a line to promag mon about this, we will get them to try & sort out the follower issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast