Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Another new 10-22 mag worth importing?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G.Mitchell View Post
    If they did Canada only packaging or something maybe that'd get it through.

It has to be designed and manfactured for the 10/22 only meaning they have to custom make the magazines as well meaning they designed and manfactured them for the 10/22 and not the charger.

While the battledyne mag's may be "better" (that's an opinion until they've been tested in a side-by-side comparison) they wouldn't look very good on my stock 10/22 carbine.

I like the looks the HC3r and wouldn't be adverse to trying it. Mind you, I wouldn't be adverse to trying the battledyne either, even if it looked stupid on my stock 10/22 carbine. One thing I do know is, if I have to load the battledyne one round at a time, I'm not interested. Now my Butler Creek loader (bought for my BC 25 round magazine) works real well on the BC magazine. It should work on any other high cap mag too (I use it on the stock 10 round magazine the gun came with) but it would suck if it didn't because it's a slow tedious job loading 25 rounds singly.........lol.....so maybe once one of you fellows buy one, you could try out a BC loader and get back to us and let us know if it works.

Besides, Ruger makes it's own 25 round magazine and I'd rather have theirs than anybody elses:

http://www.ruger.com/news/2011-04-29b.html

What are the chances of those being imported and sold here in Canada?

I just looked over the HC3r website using the posted link and saw no reference to loading a pistol. Unless they're referring to the their stripper clip and I'm not sure I see how that would work easily. I doubt it would work as quickly, or as effective for loading a Mark II or III magazine as the McFadden "Ultimate Clip Loader" I own one (ordered it out of the US) and also bought one for my friend. They'll hold 50 rounds easily and reload a magazine in a few seconds. I reguarly blow through a brick or two of 500 rounds in a single trip to the range and never have a sore thumb with the ultimate clip loader.
    It matters not how straight the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    The BX-25 is a prohibited device since it is designed to function in the Charger pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post

Besides, Ruger makes it's own 25 round magazine and I'd rather have theirs than anybody elses:

http://www.ruger.com/news/2011-04-29b.html

The Ruger BX-25 magazines are prohibited devices as they are designed to function both in the 10/22 rifles and Charger pistols.

also more information about max mag capacity on the RCMP site:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/b...323-72-eng.htm

Battledyne as soon as humanly possibly.

Battledyne... I'll take a few to try out asap!
    Aut Pax - Aut Bellum

I really like the HC3R Magazines and would definately buy them if I could. Somebody import them please!!!

I bought one of those in minot and the problem that I had with it is that you cant just push the clip straight into the gun, you have to push the mag release buttton then work the clip in.

Hi all! I recieved an email this week from Rick Simpson from Canadian Outdoor Distributing Inc and he advised me that they have applied for approval to export the HC mags out of the USA and are expecting stock in April :-) YAY

Wow! What a great piece of engineering! Hope they dont mess it up and leave us with a pinned 10 rounder.

Thanks for the share!
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.