Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tanfoglio Combat questions

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rocket Surgery's Avatar

Tanfoglio Combat questions

I have a few questions about the TF Combat, is this the predecessor of the Baby Eagle? Is this the same gun dimension-wise? Is the trigger as nice, and is the barrel polygonal or conventional? Is it possible to put night sights on the combat or combat sport model? What's the warranty for these guns and are you the service depot?

Many thanks!

I ordered one from Sean before Christmas (in 45ACP),...I hope to get it soon to be able to confirm all....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgery View Post
    I have a few questions about the TF Combat, is this the predecessor of the Baby Eagle? Is this the same gun dimension-wise? Is the trigger as nice, and is the barrel polygonal or conventional? Is it possible to put night sights on the combat or combat sport model? What's the warranty for these guns and are you the service depot?

Many thanks!
    I believe on the Combat or Combat Sport models, the front sight is machined integral to the slide. To change the front sight, you'd have to mill the existing sight off and have the slide dovetailed or the sight you prefer.

I had the same idea a year ago.

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgery View Post

Many thanks!
    The Baby Eagle and the Tanfoglio combat are distant cousins, not a predecessor or after version.
    They have similar dimensions, the Tangs have much higher beavertails.
    Trigger would be similar.
    Barrels in the Combats are conventional.
    As Canuck223 mentioned, you'd need to have a gunsmith modify the slide to get night sights on them.
    The "L" models have front sights dovetailed in, but I'm unaware of someone selling night sights for them.
    Tanfoglio offers a 1 year warranty, but has repaired anything serious that has gone longer.
    Yes, we are the service point in Canada for Tanfoglio. We've never had a combat come back for repair.

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Ventures View Post
    Tanfoglio offers a 1 year warranty, but has repaired anything serious that has gone longer.
    Yes, we are the service point in Canada for Tanfoglio. We've never had a combat come back for repair.
    Awesome all round!

Do you stock the decocker version?

Rocket Surgery I hope you don't mind me asking a question I have about the Combat in your thread.
    I would like to know what the grip size is like on the Combat in 45 ACP, is it like the CZ 97B or is it smaller and closer to the CZ 75 series grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck223 View Post
    Awesome all round!
    Do you stock the decocker version?
    Sorry, No - I'd have to order one in.

Quote Originally Posted by Don45 View Post
    Rocket Surgery I hope you don't mind me asking a question I have about the Combat in your thread.
    I would like to know what the grip size is like on the Combat in 45 ACP, is it like the CZ 97B or is it smaller and closer to the CZ 75 series grip.
    45/38 super/10mms are built on Tanfoglio's HC (High Capacity) frame - which is bigger than the standard 9mm /40 frame - so it would probably be more like the CZ97B or the Tac Sports for size.

Quote Originally Posted by Don45 View Post
    I have handled both (own a Combat in .45acp as well as a Jericho) and the grip is the same as the CZ97

Thanks RCloud!

Thanks to both of you for the replies, now I know what the gripe size is like.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast