Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The .50 Beowulf Mags Work. And Work Awesome!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Silverback's Avatar
    It is better than a 10 round pistol mag but being a guy that had an AR15 before they were restricted and before stupid mag laws it doesn't excite me much more than a 10 round mag, full capacity mags would be a different story.
    CSSA Member

This is def sad that we have to stuff wrong ammo to squeeze a couple extra rounds but I really think we shouldn't go around beating the drums about it...I know its no secret or anything illegal but we dont need busy bodies to find more things to "gasp" over.
    Anti's gonna anti
    Proud member of CSSA!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose762 View Post
    Nicely done, thanks for making that.
    So, just to confirm- what is the absolute maximum amount of .223 you're able to cram into there?
    15 on a closed bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    It is better than a 10 round pistol mag but being a guy that had an AR15 before they were restricted and before stupid mag laws it doesn't excite me much more than a 10 round mag, full capacity mags would be a different story.
    Yes, well... wishing and wanting won't make it so. Still a marked improvement from the situation as it was in 1991...

Quote Originally Posted by L337 View Post
    This is def sad that we have to stuff wrong ammo to squeeze a couple extra rounds but I really think we shouldn't go around beating the drums about it...I know its no secret or anything illegal but we dont need busy bodies to find more things to "gasp" over.
    No, it's *awesome*. It the people involved in drafting the legislation were actually competent we'd still be stuck at 5 rounds. There's nothing "illegal", and this isn't a "loophole" that can be closed off. We're simply availing ourselves of the laws as written. You don't voluntarily pay more income tax, do you?
    Last edited by blaxsun; 01-01-2013 at 02:39 AM.
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    and this isn't a "loophole" that can be closed off
    Who's kidding who here? Do you honestly think those in charge of all this nonsense can't conjure up a few words that would effectively counter the current wording? All of our laws are based on you just can't do certain things, and if you do and get caught you get to go to jail for a while. I think we should all let sleeping dogs lie before too much attention is drawn to this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------O

Reloaders just want their ammo to go bang, Handloaders want all their rounds through the same hole.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by A&Shuntr View Post
    I think we should all let sleeping dogs lie before too much attention is drawn to this.

Quote Originally Posted by TV-PressPass View Post
    Despite the looming mess in the US and the fact that public opinion is currently "less gun friendly" than six months prior . . .

It has actually been a pretty good year for gun owners in Canada. We were freed of the LGR, have seen some exciting new imports, and:

We're fixing the magazine issue ourselves it seems. Or, Armtac is.

Those 50 beowulf magazines work, and work well. I used a USGI and a Polymer in this video:

Here's looking forward to 2013

Sir - KUDOs ! What a way to bring in the New Year with 15 bangs instead of only 10 !

You hear by receive the :

Also - Its about time you finally did something to improve that crappy Tavor of yours. Kidding ! just kidding !
    C-19 is just the beginning. CGN members must be more vigilant than ever. Protect your privileges or lose them to the ANTIs

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    Lol that badge is awesome!

Who's kidding who here? Do you honestly think those in charge of all this nonsense can't conjure up a few words that would effectively counter the current wording? All of our laws are based on you just can't do certain things, and if you do and get caught you get to go to jail for a while. I think we should all let sleeping dogs lie before too much attention is drawn to this.
    The RCMP would have to go back on their word. They've explicitly said this is okay to do.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    So, just to confirm- what is the absolute maximum amount of .223 you're able to cram into there?
    Count the shots in the second magazine of the helmet cam footage. That's as many as I can push. :D Pretty sure that was sixteen.

Count the shots in the second magazine of the helmet cam footage. That's as many as I can push. :D Pretty sure that was sixteen.
    I dunno... sounded a lot like 30 to me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Silverback's Avatar
    Lol that badge is awesome!

The RCMP would have to go back on their word. They've explicitly said this is okay to do.
    You mean like the Walther 22 and Norinco bullpup rifles that were banned and confiscated after they were okay'd by the RCMP and sold in Canada, don't kid yourself. When the stupid laws started, OIC's ruled the day and firearms and mags were banned with no opposition.
    CSSA Member