Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The .50 Beowulf Mags Work. And Work Awesome!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    ...and Norinco bullpup rifles that were banned, confiscated and compensated after they were okay'd by the RCMP and sold in Canada
    You mean the ones that went full-auto with a paperclip? ... Or the ones that deviated mechanically from the drawings that were submitted? Fixed it for you.
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

BANNED

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by L337 View Post
    This is def sad that we have to stuff wrong ammo to squeeze a couple extra rounds but I really think we shouldn't go around beating the drums about it...I know its no secret or anything illegal but we dont need busy bodies to find more things to "gasp" over.
    It's not wrong ammo... My Beowulf mag is identical to a standard mag, with the exception of the front of the follower being shaved down a little. It's still a .223 follower in there. Mine only holds 14rds... But that's just because the pin isn't low enough. I've got more on the way that should hold an extra round.

Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    No, it's *awesome*. It the people involved in drafting the legislation were actually competent we'd still be stuck at 5 rounds. There's nothing "illegal", and this isn't a "loophole" that can be closed off. We're simply availing ourselves of the laws as written. You don't voluntarily pay more income tax, do you?
    I know its not illegal or a loophole and I am not worried about using it one bit, but I just dont want us to talk about it and just enjoy it and I really hate being a sheep here but I dont want anti's to cling to this and be "horrified" You know how they are... whaling abt a Tavor in the media...they learn the name of a gun every few weeks.

I just want us to enjoy our little crumb and not give them anything to cling on

Quote Originally Posted by BooSSted View Post
    It's not wrong ammo... My Beowulf mag is identical to a standard mag, with the exception of the front of the follower being shaved down a little. It's still a .223 follower in there. Mine only holds 14rds... But that's just because the pin isn't low enough. I've got more on the way that should hold an extra round.
    Thanks for posting the pics, thats awesome...i think I just chose the wrong word in my post, I mean compared to what the mag is marked for.
    Last edited by L337; 01-01-2013 at 09:51 PM.
    Anti's gonna anti
    Proud member of CSSA!

CGN frequent flyer Sadosubliminal's Avatar
    Nice vid, TV. Looks like a heck of a lot of fun. The more I read posts from you and Blaxsun, the more I get the Tavor itch. Man I really wanted to get a new guitar...
    You like Loud, Ugly Metal? We do it up right: http://www.deadairrepublic.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L337 View Post
    I know its not illegal or a loophole and I am not worried about using it one bit, but I just dont want us to talk about it and just enjoy it and I really hate being a sheep here but I dont want anti's to cling to this and be "horrified" You know how they are... whaling abt a Tavor in the media...they learn the name of a gun every few weeks.
    Antis get horrified over their own reflection...

Quote Originally Posted by Sadosubliminal View Post
    The more I read posts from you and Blaxsun, the more I get the Tavor itch.
    It's a nice itch... the kind you don't mind scratching. :D
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

I swear that magazine looks familiar!
    You can use a rifle as a doorjamb or paperweight, but that's not what it's designed for. It's not what the rifle, in its soul, longs to do.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Silverback's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    You mean the ones that went full-auto with a paperclip? ... Or the ones that deviated mechanically from the drawings that were submitted? Fixed it for you.
    Your out of context quoting skills are most impressive, none of which pertains to the Walther G22. I'm not sure how the compensation makes up for the RCMP changing their mind on a firearm and banning it, like the Armi Jager AP80 22lr because it looks like an AK47 . If you could read and understand my whole post you would realize that when it come to firearm laws nothing is safe, if the Liberals ever get in again we will be screwed, enjoy these toys while you can.
    CSSA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    The funny part is its usually Blaxsun taking flak for being a defeatist.

Sorry this maybe a Stupid question. But this mag will only work with that gun or will it work with the ar platform. ? Thanks
    Practice makes you perfect, it also makes you broke!