Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to load Suomi KP 31 Drum magazine

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar

How to load Suomi KP 31 Drum magazine

So I picked up a drum magazine at wanstalls yesterday and figured I might as well show everyone how to load it because I wasn't sure at first so here is a video on how to load the drum magazine as its abit different then the use version due to the pinning of the magazine. They seem to be built like a tank as well.

[youtube]tomu4HSp8bU[/youtube]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Ya that stupid pin really F's up the operation of the drum. Mines very difficult to load as there is alot of spring tension. I may have to unwind it abit to release some of the tension.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer alter3d's Avatar
    As cool as these things are, that seems like a crapton of work to load a lousy 5 rounds.

Great vid though!
    I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.
    ― Henry David Thoreau, On the Duty of Civil Disobedience

CGN frequent flyer midnightpossum's Avatar
    That looks like a painful task... hope it's well worth it.
    No retreat,No surrender

Quote Originally Posted by crashcollins View Post
    Ya that stupid pin really F's up the operation of the drum. Mines very difficult to load as there is alot of spring tension. I may have to unwind it abit to release some of the tension.
    I found mine was fine you can unscrew the follower then unscrew the screw on the back while holding it then hold it and unwind it 1 or 2 turns then put the follower back in. I found thats its not that bad to load yes it can be a pain because you have to open the magazine to load it and it can slip because its covered in cosmline. Its not to bad for it sure does look cool on the firearm when your shooting it even though its only 5 rounds. There shouldn't be to much tenstion on the spring found mine to be motist at most just get a good grip on it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    What you need to do is take your gun and magazine to a friendly range in Michigan.

Remove the pin, and load the drum to full capacity. Shoot LOTS of rounds through your gun.

Re-pin the drum, and drive back to Canada.

Post video of all the fun you had.

Double-post

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    What you need to do is take your gun and magazine to a friendly range in Michigan.

Remove the pin, and load the drum to full capacity. Shoot LOTS of rounds through your gun.

Re-pin the drum, and drive back to Canada.

Post video of all the fun you had.
    thats a tad bit far from BC

Not a bad idea I still remember the video on youtube 200 round ar 15 dump were someone in squamish shot 200 rounds full auto out of an ar at a local range and posted it on youtube and the people at the range were like that sob did it at our range heck no... Lots of the comments were isn't that the squamish range in bc... then followed by what a dumb ass... I think he got a few years in jail for it as well.

thats a tad bit far from BC
    Yeah, sorry. I don't really know what the magazine laws are in the Western States like Washington.

I only know they don't have any capacity limits in Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightpossum View Post
    That looks like a painful task... hope it's well worth it.
    You can load it from the top but its work because the follower puts a good amount of pressure on the rounds ie its not easy sticking them in but you can do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast