Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2013: "Tactical" 10/22 Takedown

I would buy the barrel part of that should work great on my existing takedown

Ruger still has a massive backlog of orders they've been trying to get done for a long time. Stock to Canada is pretty weak, but no need to call ruger lazy. Cool little gun though.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianReich View Post
    now all they need to do is offer a folding stock for the rear and maybe put some tri-rails on the front part....... at least the folding stock.
    Hical offers a replacement 1022 barel clamp that incorporated a picatinee rail on the under side and both sides that's what I got on mine. And in my opinion I'd take stainless over blued unless of course it's a nitrate finish.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jdawg View Post
    Can somebody explain why I would want a flash hider on a 22. I honestly don't get it.
    The barrel is threaded for a suppressor. So instead of putting a thread protector cap on the end, a flash suppressor is added. Doesn't accomplish a lot, but still a good idea, don't you think?

Rimfire rifles with the "tactical" brand and features are available in Canada
    E Clement

Quote Originally Posted by eclement View Post
    Rimfire rifles with the "tactical" brand and features are available in Canada
    Indeed. The SR-22 comes with the threaded barrel.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Firesout View Post
    Hical offers a replacement 1022 barel clamp that incorporated a picatinee rail on the under side and both sides that's what I got on mine. And in my opinion I'd take stainless over blued unless of course it's a nitrate finish.
    Agreed. The original 10/22 Takedown is stainless steel. The new one is alloy. For a bug-out/survival rifle you should be buying stainless. And the aluminum Promag barrel bands are indeed the ticket for a bipod, VTAC 2pt sling and light. My TDs all have them. (The rails are on two sides with a sling mount on the other side.)

http://www.hical.ca/apps/webstore/products/show/2812176
    http://www.amazon.com/ProMag-Ruger-Carbine-Tactical-Barrel/dp/B003BAAJVG

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike Oxbig's Avatar
    God dammit, a threaded barrel. Why didn't I wait to buy mine! However i like the stainless better.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianReich View Post
    now all they need to do is offer a folding stock for the rear and maybe put some tri-rails on the front part....... at least the folding stock.
    I bet you could slip a butler creek folding stock on there with a few modifications!

GunNutz
    The "mod" they do in NZ is take a standard 10-22 barrel, chuck it in the lathe, bore out under the front sight so it's now a sleeve, and part it off. Then turn down the muzzle end of the barrel and slide the front sight back on, but far enough down that you can cut the 1/2 NF threads at the muzzle (and of course recrown the muzzle) so it will accept a suppressor. Of course - it's almost expected that you'll suppress your 22 in New Zealand. How to hold the front sight on? Silver solder, pins, or grub screws?
    (Only reason I sold my Rossi .308 before coming back to Canada is it's illegal to own a suppressor in Canada - imagine, hunting with a .308 and not worrying about your hearing...)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast