Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: .357 magnum 1911 Anyone????

i've always been interested in these. how is the longevity and part availability on these?

Is wanstalls still carrying these beauties? None showing on the site!
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Last I heard is new shipment expected in February/March next year. Get in line haha I'm definitely pre-ordering one!!!
    When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, 'Well, what do you need?'
    - Steven Wright

I got mine in Drayton Valley Alberta of all places a year ago December and paid 1600... I've seen them at a few places now for an astronomical price of 2250 for the stainless..... the 1450 price is well worth it as it is fun as all hell and my favorite handgun I own. They are interchangeable for .38 but I've had issues with the rounds feeding properly through them with that caliber ammo.... also stay away from the .357 blazer ammo with these puppies, couldn't do consecutive shots with that ammo.... all in all wicked piece of hardware

hahaha the advertising for this is priceless

Quote Originally Posted by stitches450 View Post
    I got mine in Drayton Valley Alberta of all places a year ago December and paid 1600... I've seen them at a few places now for an astronomical price of 2250 for the stainless..... the 1450 price is well worth it as it is fun as all hell and my favorite handgun I own. They are interchangeable for .38 but I've had issues with the rounds feeding properly through them with that caliber ammo.... also stay away from the .357 blazer ammo with these puppies, couldn't do consecutive shots with that ammo.... all in all wicked piece of hardware
    Definitely a fun gun to shoot. Shooting it in 357 has been flawless for me. No issues at all.

I haven't got it to cycle with 38 sp either though. # For 38, I picked up a 6 lb spring to try (it comes with 8 lb spring from factory) so we'll see if that makes a difference. I spoke with someone at Coonan and they said with the 8lb spring it is set up for 38 sp+p, and if you wanted it more dedicated to lower power 38 sp, there are some other mods that will help (eg, lighter mainspring).

I love these but the price point is killing it for me.
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    It was between The FNH FNX 45 Tactical and the Coonan, i went with the 45... 357 mag is great but there is something about that big 230 gr bullet that is kind of mythical about it... JP.

That is VERY cool! If I wasn't bailing on my restricteds, I'd consider on of these. Not to mention this wouldn't do any favors for my wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by oneguywithsixguns View Post
    That is VERY cool! If I wasn't bailing on my restricteds, I'd consider on of these. Not to mention this wouldn't do any favors for my wrists.
    It is an auto. Recoil is really not that bad and the spring soaks up any jarring impact. Noticeably less than a 6" 686.