Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: .357 magnum 1911 Anyone????

Expried Business Member
    2 x Coonan .357 1911s with compensators available!
    One with standard sights, one night sights.

BANNED
    South East of the Center of the Universe.

Super GunNutz
    Put 100 rounds through mine on Friday…. Felt like I was trying to hang on to an exploding grenade. Lol! Seriously though, it was very cool. Only issues so far are some FTF problems. I'm hoping this is something that will be rectified by proper maintenance and a break in period of both pistol and the magazines (as stated in the manual). Thanks Gary and Wanstalls!! Cheers.

I put 21 through mine and only had one FTE. I expected it to be quite dirty but it wasn't. I wonder if the duckbill is what's required to make the signature flame rings?
    It was quite enjoyable to shoot. I found it way lighter and quieter than I was expecting. I don't find .357 much of a kick in my 586 revolver though so that helps.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    It do break in rather nicely, after 100+ rounds mine, is silky smooth and is perfectly operating, i found out mags are rather stiff, they need the breaking period, the pistol by itself is a work of art, is a verry accurate and this trigger is awesome...
    This 1911 is very high on my list of 1911, just behind my Les Baer...
    Nothing like accurate fast and raw power, a winning combination .... JP.

It feels like this gun will benefit a full length guide rod... Is that an available option, or would it void warranty if I install one myself?

In the beginning you will get a few failures to feed. But after about 100 or so rounds it will, as mentioned already, come into it's own. Beautiful gun to shoot and one of my favorites to talk about to the interested.
    CLEAR!!

Super GunNutz
    Hopefully I'll get back out to the range soon to put more rounds through the beast. I'll post how the break in is coming along and if I am still experiencing issues. Cheers.

Expried Business Member
    We have another order going into build queue shortly and there are a few spots still available. At this point they are just receivers and can be built to any spec you like. If interested email me at gary@wanstallsonline.com with your specs and i can get you a current price.

Gary

150 rounds through mine, perfect ! no issues whatsoever, I have the aluminum grips, love them. Gun came with regular wood installed, switched them off for the aluminum, makes the grip a tad narrower, smaller. Great for me. Love this gun ! Order one and you wont be disappointed.