Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2013: Intrepid RAS-12 AR-12 tactical shotgun

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by a_sock View Post
    I wonder if we showed this to a certain group, next to the mka akdal 1919, if they would understand the difference between a variant-having compatible parts, and something having the same general look, with no major compatibility.
    When that certain group's political motivation is to restrict and inhibit firearm ownership in this country as much as possible whether are not if is technically a variant is completely irrelevant.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    hey, look what I found!
    http://vimeo.com/57086380
    That was pretty awesome.

Historically and realistically, any significant evolution in firearms technology must be lead by advances in cartridge technology. Not that this is a huge advancement but it is something.

And yes I want one too, but not just for the range. I want a semi-atuo mag fed shotgun that's not restricted, just like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcarr88 View Post
    Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...too bad the "AR" platform is restricted tho
    Therein lies the question........it is a variation of the AR 10 which (as far as the original AR 10 ) is a predecessor of the AR 15 design . Canstar used this argument when producing a .50 semi . It was based on the Barrett 82 which was a predecessor of the 82A1 which was named prohibited in the legislation . Anybody got money to make this point in court ?

If CGN were to setup an official "fund-to-fight de-restricting the AR10" I'd instantly send $200 to the cause.

CGN Regular
    I have a feeling that the magazines will be more popular than the gun itself. A little like 50 Beowulf

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If it takes off in the US, you'll likely see other companies making similar products very quickly.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by red_leader View Post
    I think this would be neat to add to the collection but a bit pricey for me. And I beg to wonder what the rounds will cost....
    I asked the manufacturer if the rounds were reloadable. He said that while they were not advertising them as such, they could be reloaded and that components would be available eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by disky1 View Post
    exactly. put me down for 10 mags
    I was thinking the same thing. Too bad it is not FN/FAL mags. How many NR rifles that use .308 AR mags?

Still great for those using an AR10.

I still think, outside of 3-gun and the like, its not worth going to a new shotgun shell format unless it were capable of generating enough velocity to cause rifle-like permanent cavitation and defeat pistol armor with buckshot.

Of course at that point you'd have to design a new gun around the resulting cartridge, and unless you kept it under .50 you'd probably be flirting with Destructive Device status in the U.S.
    Canada is done, save the West.

I sent an email to Intrepid, letting them know of this thread.

Hello,

I saw your AR-12 at SHOT and posted this report on a web forum in Canada.
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...ctical-shotgun

As it uses an AR10 lower, it would be classed as RESTRICTED in Canada, thus limiting its use to an approved gun range. As it cannot be taken out in the bush, it would not be much use for hunting.

Do you have any plans for a stand-alone design, not based on the AR platform?
    This could be an all-new semi, or a pump operation.

I enjoyed seeing your new gun, and I hope it does well!

Cheers,

Dean

BTW, Is it possible to get a cartridge for my collection?

Dean,
    Thank you for your interest in the Intrepid RAS-12 .
    We currently have no plans on to develop this weapon system on a platform other than an AR platform. With that being said we had a ton of excitement on our development of the RAS-12 ammunition.
    Dean as we get production rolling, I would love to get you a cartridge for your collection.
    Keep in touch,

SHANE JOHNSON
    Director of Business Development

2355 South 1070 West | Suite B
    Salt Lake City, Utah 84119
    P | 801.886.0188
    C | 801.557.7754
    sjohnson@missionarmsgroup.com
    missionarmsgroup.com

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the reply and info.
    Yes, I think that a rimless 12 gauge round is bound to generate a lot of interest!
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the round being adopted by other gunmakers, due to the box magazine advantages.
    Best wishes on your design! And thanks in advance for the offer of a cartridge for the collection.

Cheers,

Dean

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast