Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Norinco Tokarev 9mm

CGN frequent flyer timandkimandshea's Avatar
    I would totally get 2 9mm barrels, do the stock mags fit the 9mm??
    Punish only he who has committed the crime

CGN frequent flyer Don'tkillbill's Avatar
    Bump for interest. I would buy one for sure. Its too bad we could just get one machined and sell them,. Hmmmmm Iguess you'd need a bushing as well. I wonder if the mags would work I think they should? So how many toks are out there in North America I bet 50 % of owners would buy one if they were in 100 dollar range. I'd be stupid and go higher.

CGN frequent flyer Sixgunjohnny's Avatar
    i have been eying this gun as well. they appear to be sold out everywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Sixgunjohnny View Post
    i have been eying this gun as well. they appear to be sold out everywhere...
    they are sold out because everyone buys them, im a detective and thats my theory
    a 50 year old man who sees the world the same as when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of is life

Weimajack still has some I think. Also, yes to getting a 9mm barrel conversion. Can't shoot surplus at my range and 7.62x25 is impossible to find in lead core around here

CGN frequent flyer
    What's Weimajack

CGN frequent flyer
    He bought his guns from Marstar so...

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...new-selection)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pres717's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    YES, a conversion kit for tt33 to 9mm would be great and would sell like hotcakes!
    I'd buy a conversion kit too. I have two TT-33s so then I could have one chambered in each.
    "I like guns, I like the way they look,
    I like the shiny steel and the polished wood.
    I don´t care if they´re big or small,
    if they´re for sale, hell, I want´em all!
    I like guns, I like guns, I like guns!"
    (Steve Lee)

Quote Originally Posted by Undergiver View Post
    Got mine for $99 sold it for $170
    Got mine for $10 sold it for $600

For those looking for 9mm Tokarev conversions out there...after looking high and low, and finally sourcing one, you may find it a bit disappointing.

I happened onto a 9mm barrel and two magazines for my Tokarev last year, then proceeded to buy another TT33 for my conversion.

Long story short, you would need to get a different slide return spring, because, unless you are shooting P+ ammo, it wont cycle properly. Lots of FTE's. I tried all sorts of 9mm ammo, and found that the spent casings would barely clear the ejection port. Most would get caught in the port and jam up the slide.

I bought a used Norc 213 off the EE, and this gun shoots 9mm all day, looks and feels like a TT33. Plus, the gun cost less than the conversion barrel/mag kit.

The 213 uses a different magazines as does the TT33...it matches the length of the 9mm cartridge. The magwell in the 213 has a u-shaped spacer at the rear, in order for these magazines to fit correctly.

The conversion magazines have a u-shaped spacer inside the rear of the standard Tokarev magazine with a modified feed plate and spring, in order to accommodate the shorter 9mm cartridges.

Bottom line? Buy the 213 with as many mags as you can find. You will like the gun much better than messing with the 9 mm conversion barrel and mags.
    Noli Illegitimi Carborundum
    Member: CSSA, CCFR

μολὼν λαβέ

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast