Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Back from SHOT 2013

If I may make a suggestion ,
    Maybe a page on your website could be deicated to a list of recently added and instock items.
    Im a geek, I admit it , checking dealers webpages for whats new takes alot of time .
    I bet it would also fast track sales too.
    Your site is cool per say but it takes alot of time to search each section looking for recent arrivals .
    All the best

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 8 ball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patjohnw View Post
    If I may make a suggestion ,
    Maybe a page on your website could be deicated to a list of recently added and instock items.
    Im a geek, I admit it , checking dealers webpages for whats new takes alot of time .
    I bet it would also fast track sales too.
    Your site is cool per say but it takes alot of time to search each section looking for recent arrivals .
    All the best
    Click onto Questar's home page. Click the red "what's new" button on the top right. Voila!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 8 ball View Post
    Click onto Questar's home page. Click the red "what's new" button on the top right. Voila!
    It does not happen that way

Every day you click on 'what's new' you get something different. Try it.

You click on it now, and it shows alot of Aimpoints...??? really? Thats "new stuff"? Those have been in stock for months.

Seems more like a 'Bring to your attention' button.

you see nipple at 27 sec

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by rivetc78 View Post
    It does not happen that way

Every day you click on 'what's new' you get something different. Try it.

You click on it now, and it shows alot of Aimpoints...??? really? Thats "new stuff"? Those have been in stock for months.

Seems more like a 'Bring to your attention' button.
    Not exactly correct... the red coloured "NEW STUFF" button on the top right uses an algorithim to search the entire inventory and list only those items which have been either created or modified in the previous 14 days (I believe that was the setting, it was quite some time ago that we created this so I could be mistaken, it might have been 10 days)... the algorithim then checks to insure that quantity in-stock is greater than zero (so it doesn't include non-stock items).

The result is a list of only in-stock items that have either been added to the inventory or had their price or description changed in the previous 14 day period. In the event that an item simply had an increase of in-stock quantity, the item would also be listed (this would happen if a shipment arrived and so we added these new units to our existing inventory quantity).

Right now a "NEW STUFF" list shows a bunch of Aimpoint items because those items were changed in some way during the past 14 days. The list is a computer generated creation... if a price goes up or down, if the product description changes or if more arrive in our inventory, the item gets displayed on the red "NEW STUFF" button listings.

"New Stuff" doesn't just refer to things we've never had before... it also refers to what's changed. If a price changes, description changes or in-stock quantity increases then we consider that to be "new"... just like when we get quantity of an previously sold out item. The button is designed to let people know what's come in and what's changed in the previous week or two.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Questar View Post
    "New Stuff" doesn't just refer to things we've never had before... it also refers to what's changed. If a price changes, description changes or in-stock quantity increases then we consider that to be "new"... just like when we get quantity of an previously sold out item. The button is designed to let people know what's come in and what's changed in the previous week or two.

I see. It's the 'Quantity' changes that most likely effect it the most. An couple items could have been in stock for 6 months, you sell one, then the other one would show up under the 'New Stuff' button.

Interesting. Thanks for the explanation.

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    I see. It's the 'Quantity' changes that most likely effect it the most. An couple items could have been in stock for 6 months, you sell one, then the other one would show up under the 'New Stuff' button.

Interesting. Thanks for the explanation.
    No, selling 1 unit won't cause an item to be listed... the "change" has to be made at the administration level, not simply an on-line sale that reduces in-stock quantity by 1. We would have to go into the system at the adminstration level and change the item's description, or add to the inventory stock quantity (like when a shipment comes in), or change the price (like when an item goes on sale or a price increases).

Anytime we make any change to an item in our system the system records the date of that update/change and it is that "last update" field that the system uses to generate the "NEW STUFF" listing from.

ETA on Gen3 Pmags?

CGN frequent flyer
    Was also wondering about this, didn't see an answer

A clarification on no longer accepting 'Advanced Orders'.

No longer after Jan. 20th? Or will you cancel orders you have in your system and/or not processed yet?

Thanks?

Quote Originally Posted by Squidhead View Post
    ETA on Gen3 Pmags?
    Hehehe...never. Seriously though that's probably one of the 2016 or later items but I hope I'm wrong!
    CSSA/NFA/CCFR Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast