Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Back from SHOT 2013

CGN Regular
    Dang, I'm glad I snapped up one of the LMT MRPs that were in stock a few weeks ago. It was more than we wanted to spend, but glad I did it.

Three were in stock when I purchased, and then I saw the number go to two left, and then one and poof.. all gone within a day.

Last edited by surlyjoe; 04-27-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Have a little patience... much of the past month our offices have been closed (Christmas Holidays, New Years, then for a week while the entire staff went to SHOT Show and worked their asses off). Prior to the SHOT Show trip everyone worked overtime trying to process as many of the order backlog as possible before leaving for the show... since they got back they've been trying to get through the backlog of orders that piled up while everyone was away.

In addition to all of that there is hours of work to do as follow-up on the orders placed at SHOT by our staff... following up on the transfers that were put in prior to going away... and that doesn't even mention the 1,000's (literally) of emails that piled up over the past several weeks and that need to be replied to.

We can only do so much so fast... and the only fair way to deal with stuff is to do it in the sequence that they came in... so old orders processed before newest orders... older emails before latest emails... older phone messages before newest phone messages. If we do it any other way then no-one will get anything.

Unfortunately a few people have complained that we're not answering the phones this week... the simple reality is that if we answer the phones then that is 1 person who can't process orders, ship orders, call in transfers and reply to emails. Unfortunately since we came back from SHOT almost everyone in the office is sick... one of our staff was diagnosed today with pneumonia (he was working up until yesterday) and two others are not much better than him. This isn't helping the situation.

So we ask for everyone's patience. If you placed orders then rest assured they are being worked on. If you sent us emails then you will get a response... it's just going to take a few days longer than normal. We're doing the best we can.

Also... as one person found out today... in some cases the failure to receive an email response is not necessarily due to our failure to send one. One of our customers today found out that we had in fact been responding to their emails... they just weren't receiving them at their end.

Hopefully we'll get caught up over the next week or two... in the meantime we thank everyone for their understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by surlyjoe View Post
    How about a response to one of the FOUR emails I have sent you in the last MONTH?
    The lack of intelligence that some people show used to astound me, but not anymore.

Everyone knows companies like Questar ramp up from Christmas right into SHOT, so an intelligent and prudent person would get that email response times will be delayed.

CGN Regular
    I suspect real operators who are on call for real operations already have what they need, and their orders are not in the queue at Questar or other suppliers.

The rest of us are using these products for leisure and recreation of various types.

I for one really appreciate the efforts that are being made in spite of holidays, vacations, business trips, illness, etc.

Nobody has asked me and it is certainly not my business, but I would further venture the suggestion that other than supplying something that somebody who is going in harms way desperately needs things like health, family, work-life balance and avoiding burnout are more important in the long run to the business, the employees and the customers than working excess hours to try keep everybody happy.

Perhaps if the demand is chronic and increasing there is a need for more people, but there are many other considerations and difficulties associated with that and it is almost never a quick fix to a surge in workload. It is also easy to make errors in selection and training when staffing under pressure, often leading to more problems later.

No doubt it is overwhelming and no doubt people will complain, but take it easy, do it properly. It will be done when it is done.

Snapshot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123