Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: BD38 Discrepancy

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    If Marstar lied in the description, I would expect full refunds.

If the RCMP are lying, a complaint should be filed.
    This can be cleared up quickly if Marstar would take another look at a BD38 to double check that the trigger components from an original MP38/40 do not fit a BD38.

CGN frequent flyer OccasionallyOnTarget's Avatar
    That sucks for the people who bought these relying on the marketing information and advertising by Marstar. However, I doubt Marstar "lied" (meaning, intentionally stated something untrue, knowing it was untrue, with the intent to deceive); Marstar almost certainly relied on what the manufacturer said.

BANNED
    I'd be curious to know if Marstar can really pass the blame here.

Regardless they were the ones selling the guns, and advertising them as "not interchangeable". People bought the guns from Marstar, nobody else.

Might have to take it through the courts, but I believe it they should be held responsible.

It is on them to then go back to SSD, and do the same, not the consumer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cgnner View Post
    BD38 Discrepancy

>>>>>

William (Bill) Etter
    Chief Firearms Technologist
    Specialized Firearms Support Services
    Firearms Investigative & Enforcement Services Directorate
    RCMP - CFP
    Specialized Policing Services

613-993-6684

<<<<

Who is correct, Mr Etter or Marstar ?
    If this is the Bill Etter I knew nearly 25 years ago, he is a knowledgible man. There was a father and son combination of Etters who knew just about everything there was to know, and then some more, about Canadian military small arms. These men were a credible resource. That said, there is no way of knowing whether the technicians found a new and devious way of altering or levering bad parts into the new gun. If they found a way to 'easily modify' a firearm to full automatic, t is all the law requires.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

CGN frequent flyer
    To be fair, I think that Marstar description is in reference to the 42h and not the 38. Anyone who owns the bd-38 and says he doesn't know how they made it full auto is either lying or never took his gun apart. That being said, I don't think they are justified in prohibiting a 3000$ gun that no one would use in a crime, especially one that you are by law prohibited from firing anywhere other than a range.

Expired Business
    MLEHTOVAARA;
    "I'd be curious to know if Marstar can really pass the blame here."
    Why would we, as you put it, pass the blame ??

"People bought the guns from Marstar, nobody else."
    OK so people bought these guns from us, a few dealers, even Wolverine brought some in, are you suggesting that we all misled the buying public ? Do you think it would be responsible of any one dealer to sell a product with full knowledge that they would be reclassified ?

"Might have to take it through the courts, but I believe it they should be held responsible."
    Since this seems to be your leaning, please do so, I do feel obligated to tell you that in all my years of court challenges, Marstar has won ALL cases undertaken.This includes several with Canada Customs, Federal and provincial authorities, United States Federal Court, The Italian Supreme Court, just to mention a few....
    In short don't threaten me, just do it and lets see what you are made of.... Very simple, put up or shut up

John

Expired Business
    RECLASSIFICATION;
    Why are we the bad guy all of sudden, how many out there have lost their firearms in the past due to changes in the regulations. ??

How many lost when the M-97s did not show up ?

How many did not get mags because the regs changed ?

Complain to the government, write your MP,

Come on people let get real
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer farmer47's Avatar
    my question is why did it take eight years to discover this and what kind of checks are made on these guns before they are allowed into the Canada? it is all well and good to say they will fire full auto with minor modifications or parts replacements but were was the R.C.M.P. eight long years ago when the importer was bringing these guns into the country. it seems to me the R.C.M.P. were negligent then and did not do their job ,or were inspected by someone who was not qualified.it is not fair to the owners or the distributor to take the loss. this is a regular occurrence as i can think of a number of guns that were sold to the public only to be reclassified or prohibited altogether at a latter date and the classifiers do not suffer in any way that i know of . please correct me if i am wrong .

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    the rcmp is simply moving through the frt one gun at a time. they are a small staff and go after the low hanging fruit first; small numbers in private hands.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    Why are we the bad guy all of sudden,
    I think it could because of this statement from Marstar... (please note these rifles will not accept original trigger group components) And now that the RCMP have stated that the opposite is the case you have done nothing to refute it. What are we supposed to think ?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast