Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: BD38 Discrepancy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SIGP2101's Avatar
    So, just for the people to know what we are talking about...

In comparison to a real thing

Question is: How come it took RCMP 8 years? I do not see how any one can blame Marstar even Marstar should have known back then there was 50/50 chance we all know that. My point we all gamble sometimes don't we? Sometimes we win sometimes we lose...
    Last edited by SIGP2101; 01-23-2013 at 05:27 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Recce21's Avatar
    This whole thing just makes my blood boil.

Prohib the SKS? Seriously? They fear any popular rifle with readily available ammo.

Why does the Government continue to try and disarm the people unless their goal is to be more powerful than the people.

... Now I get it... 8 years ... Seriously after seeing the diagram I don't know how these got through to begin with

CGN frequent flyer
    Lol about time someone took the initiative to look up the pictures in order to actually know what they are talking about. Only question is what is wrong with the rest of you? You have been discussing something a la Piers Morgan and not one of you have taken the initiative to look up the info, you all sat there waiting for someone else to serve it to you. You all know that Al Gore invented the internet for more than just #### right?

Let me add the following:

It is my understanding that some FRT numbers have been created without a physical examination of the firearm simply based on brochures and details supplied from the manufacture and or importer.

When the first FRT # was created if the question was “Are these semi auto only firearms?” the correct answer would have been yes.

When the RCMP re-examined the guns if the question was: “Can these guns be converted to fully automatic mode relatively quickly and easily ?” the correct answer would have been yes.

I don’t believe that it is a question of lying or trying to mislead anyone. Certainly a re-examination has taken place and we all wait for a decision from the minister.

It would be in everyone’s best interests to put their heads together and see if there is a way of modifying these guns further, that would render the answer to my second question above “No”.

Then wouldn't they be classed "converted auto" and be prohib then?
    "Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.”
    ― Thomas Sowell,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    JERICHO;
    " would you not head up a lawsuit/challenge? ]OK we should sue them for what ? Would you mind explaining the grounds for such an action ?

You did boast that Marstar has been undefeated in the court room. Quite true,but we take action or defend ourselves when there are grounds for such action, hell we have not even been advised of any action taken by the CFC other than to say the are prohibs now....

If these rifles will not accept trigger group components, THESE firearms as well as the original version (FA) DO NOT have trigger groups please read my posting....

then the RCMP are lying and should be held accountable. " Go for it and then you can explain the grounds upon which you have based your actions....

John

[B [/B]
    Thanks for the response, much appreciated. I understand what you have posted, but the RCMP letter from the OP says
    The two receivers are so similar that the original German Model MP38 and MP38/40 Submachine Gun trigger mechanisms will fit and function in the BD38 to support full automatic fire.
    I trust that you're well versed in these rifles. I (like many here) are not. However if you're selling these rifles stating
    (please note these rifles will not accept original trigger group components) - including the stamped receiver and rough forged gas block - is meticulously reproduced to resemble the unobtainable originals.
    and yet the RCMP say
    The two receivers are so similar that the original German Model MP38 and MP38/40 Submachine Gun trigger mechanisms will fit and function in the BD38 to support full automatic fire.
    One of you is lying and that person needs to be held responsible, whether it be Marstar for the false advertising, or the RCMP for their bogus attempts to take yet more guns away from us. While I don't believe that Marstar originally sold these rifles intentionally knowing what the RCMP had said or knowing that it would cause issues down the road, if the RCMP can back up their statement, then Marstar has been selling product using false advertising - a HUGE no-no.

I was on the verge of buying one of these rifles a couple of years ago but I went with another firearm instead - and I'm glad I trusted my gut instinct.

The only way they should be classed "converted auto" is if somebody converts it to FA. My BD38 IS a semi-auto as manufactured by the factory. The receiver was NEVER a FA receiver. Catch anyone with a FA BD38...they go to jail. Mine is not FA.
    Russ...
    ***Wholesale Sports Precision Rifle 1st place 2008***
    ***Manitoba CGN Iron sight 1st Place 2004***
    ***Virden BlackHawk Down Carbine Match 2nd 2005***
    ***Manitoba CGN Fall Pistol Class 1st place 2005***
    ***St.Charles 300M Sierra Challenge SR Class 1st place 2005***
    just leave me ammo,a bit of water and some chips if you have them

Super Moderator
    Bill Etter's contact information has been posted.
    Has anyone actually seen the original Etter email?

Further - this thread is in Marstar's business forum.
    johnone has been very generous in allowing his space to be used.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohno View Post
    Then wouldn't they be classed "converted auto" and be prohib then?
    I think "converted auto" refers to firearms originally capable of full auto (select-fire) operation which have somehow been modified to operate in semi-auto mode only. There are several examples such as the original (USGI) M-14. In the U.S. I believe these are treated as NFA firearms under the concept of "once a machine gun, always a machine gun".

The issue with respect to the SSD BD38s seems to be the opposite in that they were designed (and approved) as semi-auto only but upon review Mr. Etter states (according to post #1:
    The two receivers are so similar that the original German Model MP38 and MP38/40 Submachine Gun trigger mechanisms will fit and function in the BD38 to support full automatic fire. Additionally, the Sport Systeme Dittrich firearm, Model BD38 is readily converted to fire full automatic in a relatively short time period with relative ease.
    Snapshot