Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: BD38 Discrepancy

You mean that we could of had the historic STG-44 look-a-like that isn't a .22? The grandpappy* of the assault rifle?

* Some say STG-44 was the first Assault Rifle, others say that the Russians made one before the Germans

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethepanda View Post
    You mean that we could of had the historic STG-44 look-a-like that isn't a .22? The grandpappy* of the assault rifle?

* Some say STG-44 was the first Assault Rifle, others say that the Russians made one before the Germans
    You still can.

Expired Business
    CGNNER;
    "The RCMP appear more innocent with every post you make"

Perhaps we can learn from your great success story with the RCMP ? I for one would be in your debt should you offer the magic bullet (pardon the pun) to resolve the situation....

John

... I'd personally feel better if you would answer the question about the trigger groups

Expired Business
    TT_270WSM;
    "Johnone, if I might ask, if you still had (or possibly you still do) stock of the BD-38, would you have any recourse with the manufacturer about sending back new stock based on their lack of attention to detail in ensuring it would remain restricted?"

[B]Yes we still have stock, recourse with who? That company has changed owners and restructured three times since we purchased these....[B]

"I'm not sure there's anyone to blame here"
    Perhaps I should attempt to clear up a few points, before we imported these we submitted samples to the CFC in Ottawa, the gus were approved and we obtained FRT numbers.... Classed as restricted

Last year the CFC put a hold on transfers as they were reevaluating the firearms.... They gave a decision a few weeks ago rendering them prohibited....
    How this is our fault I don't know....

In my humble opinion it is a simple matter of policy that they don't want open bolt firearms out there....

John

Marstar is not the one to lay blame on....They are on our side and have done the shooting industry in Canada a great service over the many years they have been around. Lets not beat up one of "us" because of a bureaucrat. Keep focused on who the real bad guys are.

Russ...
    ***Wholesale Sports Precision Rifle 1st place 2008***
    ***Manitoba CGN Iron sight 1st Place 2004***
    ***Virden BlackHawk Down Carbine Match 2nd 2005***
    ***Manitoba CGN Fall Pistol Class 1st place 2005***
    ***St.Charles 300M Sierra Challenge SR Class 1st place 2005***
    just leave me ammo,a bit of water and some chips if you have them

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    TT_270WSM;
    "Johnone, if I might ask, if you still had (or possibly you still do) stock of the BD-38, would you have any recourse with the manufacturer about sending back new stock based on their lack of attention to detail in ensuring it would remain restricted?"

[B]Yes we still have stock, recourse with who? That company has changed owners and restructured three times since we purchased these....[B]

"I'm not sure there's anyone to blame here"
    Perhaps I should attempt to clear up a few points, before we imported these we submitted samples to the CFC in Ottawa, the gus were approved and we obtained FRT numbers.... Classed as restricted

Last year the CFC put a hold on transfers as they were reevaluating the firearms.... They gave a decision a few weeks ago rendering them prohibited....
    How this is our fault I don't know....

In my humble opinion it is a simple matter of policy that they don't want open bolt firearms out there....

John
    Who exactly provided the information in relation to the description stating that these models could not accept FA trigger groups.

^The manufacturer at the time...

Tell me -heaven forbid- if the Gov't of Canada changed their ruling on all semi-automatic centrefire rifles, (like what the Obama administration seems to want to achieve), and all those rifles were deemed prohibited, do you think Canadian Tire, Cabela's, Bass Pro, and all the gun shops listed on CGN would be handing out refunds for all the semi's ever sold, even though they were advertised as non-restricted at the time? Things change, and it seems we as gun owners forfeit our rights to our property just because they are guns. It's not right, but it's the way it is.

Even in court, I'd be willing to bet Marstar's would be found having done everything a reasonable person (business) could given the circumstances. If you disagree, and are getting screwed in the outcome, bring them to court and see how it goes. Like I said, I feel for anyone who's on the end of the stick here, but the dealers (in this case Marstar) did not benefit anything on this ruling, had no input, no recourse, and by the sounds of it still have stock that is now useless and un-sellable, so it's not like they aren't suffering like everyone else from this.

I do not think the dealer should be held accountable... But if marstar said the FA trigger groups will not fit... And they will they owe everyone an apology minimum

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    CGNNER;
    "The RCMP appear more innocent with every post you make"

Perhaps we can learn from your great success story with the RCMP ? I for one would be in your debt should you offer the magic bullet (pardon the pun) to resolve the situation....

John
    The magic bullet would be for you to tell us if Mr Etter is correct or not. Well is he ??

As for my great "success story with the RCMP ", I take it that this is an effort to distract, if not WTF are you talking about ?