Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Battledyne 10-22 mags coming to Canada

Quote Originally Posted by KNO3- View Post
    sadly im having issues with my new ones as well...I actually bought more of the new ones assuming the company would have it right this time, took three of the six I have out and had non stop issues with all three. Im going to try them one more time in a different rifle but so far its not looking good.
    Well I have tried these a few more times, with two different rifles (both the ruger sr-22). Im convinced it is not a "break in" issue as I have run about 300 rounds through one and still having issues. Different types of ammo do make a difference but even with the best CCI round nose they still are constantly jamming. Its been about 4 months now, hopefully Hi-Cal will still return them for me the next time im in mission.

i bought 2 of these for my SR22 and both dont feed, will try and playing around with them, but as is stock, it doesn't work. the sidewall of the metal piece sits to high and bolt does not close!

It's a shame they don't seem to function. I waited for a long time on the pre-order for these suckers. I will be returning them. I can't believe Battledyne would manufacture and sell a product that so clearly does not function correctly. Does anyone have one of their mags that functions without being modified?

So far only Federal bulk pack (old stock), 20 rds loaded, seems to work good in my modified shorty.
    He can't shoot like that with a stock Savage and a Bushnell scope

I finally got around to testing the 3 i ordered. I fired the high velocity from cci, mini mag cci, and federal bulk, 2 of 3 fired flawlessly in my sr22. the one that doesnt just has to be filed down a little but. these mags work great with an extended mag release

Quote Originally Posted by gc1226 View Post
    how well do they fit on a 10/22?
    they fit just fine

Quote Originally Posted by MkivSupra View Post
    I finally got around to testing the 3 i ordered. I fired the high velocity from cci, mini mag cci, and federal bulk, 2 of 3 fired flawlessly in my sr22. the one that doesnt just has to be filed down a little but. these mags work great with an extended mag release
    hmm, luck of the draw I guess...all three of the ones I tried don't work and I used cci, cci mini mag, federal, etc. etc...what did you have to file?

dont hold me accountable for any damages done to your mags, im sure taking a file to the mag may void any kind of return. this is just what i did to mine. first off take apart the mag and make sure everything moves freely, spring isnt stuck etc.
    next compare the top lips of the mag thats giving you trouble to the top lips of one that works (ruger 10 round or BC steel lips) mine had a very visible ridge at the front where the tip of the top bullet sits. this wasnt allowing it to go to that 30 degree feeding angle. After comparing, the working mag had a slightly rounded corner where mine was a sharper ridge. I took a little fine round hobby file and filed the smallest fraction away trying to mimic the rugers shape as best as possible, then tried to shoot, then file, then shoot. trial and error until it fed reliably. Just a slight variation in the casting for mine to get it to work but im sure if you file to much away it will obviously not work very well. They fire just as good as the butler creek mags now, only ftf are from defective cheap ammo

CGN frequent flyer
    I bought 3 of these back months ago and haven't tried them until 2 weeks ago. The problem I had was the spent casing was getting stuck on it's way out of the chamber, like a FTE. The last time I fired my gun was about 8-9 months ago and I hadn't cleaned it since then, but I only put about 100 rounds through it back then. Anyone know what might be the problem?

Try a good cleaning & lube first, sound like the bolt is not cycling freely.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!