Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Aimpoint Micro! Hensoldt Military RSA Red Dots on sale for just $499!!

Sorry about the bad pic, my camera is awful. The dot is mounted to a Classic Green with a B&T rail.

Last edited by Keithywg; 02-07-2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Re-sized image

just trying to understand before i order one of these, thoses that have these in hand right now, are you saying they do not work in doors, under lights?
    also if the batteries last 4-5 yrs and the ones in it is dead, does thet meen they have been sitting in a military lock up for 4-5 yrs or longer before they were canceled and returned?
    does anyone have info one why the item was canceled?
    I do like my T1 micro, but always looking for options and have another gun waiting for optics.

Has anyone noticed the condition of the foam in the case? these little optics have been sitting on a shelf for a long time. Great find tactical imports and great little optic for the price.

They work just fine indoors. one button does it all once you figure that out they are great, bright dot. I can't think of a reason not to order one. Yes have owned many aimpoints and trijicons.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    just trying to understand before i order one of these, those that have these in hand right now, are you saying they do not work in doors, under lights?
    I read it as. I got a dead battery. The florescent lights won;t charge up my SOLAR back-up.

If the battery is fine, the sight works. Florescent lights do not power ANY solar cell devices.

anyone got it mounted on a AR yet?
    would love to see a pic of it on a flat top possibly with magpul or other sights next to it for a height comparison.
    ----------
    ez8
    ----------

CGN Regular
    From what I can gather the polymer-bodied RSA-Ss were discontinued in the U.S. due to incompatibility with large caliber/high recoil applications? The Zeiss-branded, aluminum-bodied version is appropriate for all applications apparently.

"The Hensoldt version of this Zeiss reflex sight was designed with a polymer body for exclusive use on the NATO 223. It proved unsuitable for heavier recoiling calibers and magnum hand guns. Thus Zeiss has discontinued its distribution in the US and recommends the Zeiss Z-Point Item: 521767 as an alternative."

I was just about to order one but I'd like to use it on my 12ga as well as my .223 so not sure whether to **** or get off the pot here..?

It works just fine under florescent lights.

[youtube]hNCu7ILgFAQ[/youtube]

It sits a few mm's higher than my Aimpoint H-1, so I'm not sure what kind of monkeying around you'd have to do to get it to work with other magnifiers. Taking it out right now to try it on my Swiss.
    ‎"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Long View Post
    From what I can gather the polymer-bodied RSA-Ss were discontinued in the U.S. due to incompatibility with large caliber/high recoil applications? The Zeiss-branded, aluminum-bodied version is appropriate for all applications apparently.

"The Hensoldt version of this Zeiss reflex sight was designed with a polymer body for exclusive use on the NATO 223. It proved unsuitable for heavier recoiling calibers and magnum hand guns. Thus Zeiss has discontinued its distribution in the US and recommends the Zeiss Z-Point Item: 521767 as an alternative."

I was just about to order one but I'd like to use it on my 12ga as well as my .223 so not sure whether to **** or get off the pot here..?
    Rumour originating from USA. RSA was stopped from being imported to USA due to poor sales. Hensoldt has explicity stated the RSA is "recoil-proof, shock-resistant, vibration-resistant and waterproof" and is still in full production.

Aside from that it makes no sense that the outer housings would make a difference. The Hensoldt versions are always built to higher, military standards over their commercial counterparts.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Well stated Tactical Imports. The Hensoldt line is the Military line of Zeiss, at one time not readily available to the general public. Another good example is the mounting system of their Sniper Rifle scopes. The Hensoldt line often does not use conventional rings as it is felt that they are not rugged enough for military applications.

Rich

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    American's just get antsy about paying big money for optics