Thread: SKS Fibreforce Stock w. Handguard [ATI-SKS3000] Question

SKS Fibreforce Stock w. Handguard [ATI-SKS3000] Question

Hey guys,

JUst curious about the above stock. If I were to put this stock on my rifle, remove the bayonet, and put on a bipod instead, can I do all that without having to any additional mods to the stock?

Thanks!

BANNED
    How are you planing to attach the bipod?

Great question. I wish I had a solid answer

Im a total noob when it comes to SKS's. Actually, to shooting in general. I just passed my PAL/RPAL and am sending in my application this weekend. Finances are tight, and im anticipating my first purchase. For the price, I dont think I could go wrong with an SKS from Marstar.

I have read elsewhere that there is a bolt that holds the bayonet blade in place, and once the blade itself is removed, that same bolt can be used to mount a bipod. Im not sure if there is truth to this or not?

On that note, I have also read that some of these SKS stocks need to be trimmed to allow for the bayonet to remain useable. Curious if the same could apply with a bipod instead?

Thanks for any insight!

CGN Regular
    You mean a bipod like this?
    http://westrifle.com/wrstore/index.p...roducts_id=326

The trimming of the stock thing pertains to what kind of bayonet the SKS you want to buy has. Most aftermarket SKS stocks are built for the spiked bayonet. So if you're getting an SKS with a blade bayonet, you may have to trim a bit to make the bayonet collapse fully. Since you're taking the bayonet off, it shouldn't be a problem.

Since you're new, I'd direct you to the red rifle forums on here as there is a wealth of information on the SKS in the stickies there.

i bough one sks from marstar with ammo deal it was brand new never fired i think its a great deal it has a spike bayonet on them i would buy another if i had cash but im looking to get the new stock from promag that hical going bring in there a tread here haven been out to shoot it yet also there an american forum for sks its called sks survivor board and this page got lots info on sks http://yooperj.com/

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...sin-Stock-pics

Quote Originally Posted by a0jc View Post
    You mean a bipod like this?
    http://westrifle.com/wrstore/index.p...roducts_id=326

The trimming of the stock thing pertains to what kind of bayonet the SKS you want to buy has. Most aftermarket SKS stocks are built for the spiked bayonet. So if you're getting an SKS with a blade bayonet, you may have to trim a bit to make the bayonet collapse fully. Since you're taking the bayonet off, it shouldn't be a problem.

Since you're new, I'd direct you to the red rifle forums on here as there is a wealth of information on the SKS in the stickies there.
    Thank you very much. I certainly will check out the red rifle forum. And yes, exactly like that bipod.

Quote Originally Posted by bigray View Post
    i bough one sks from marstar with ammo deal it was brand new never fired i think its a great deal it has a spike bayonet on them i would buy another if i had cash but im looking to get the new stock from promag that hical going bring in there a tread here haven been out to shoot it yet also there an american forum for sks its called sks survivor board and this page got lots info on sks http://yooperj.com/

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...sin-Stock-pics
    Thats pretty cool! Im very excited to get one. Im planning on getting one as a project/mod gun, and a second to restore and keep all original.

THanks a bunch gents!

Quote Originally Posted by APF1985 View Post
    Great question. I wish I had a solid answer

Im a total noob when it comes to SKS's. Actually, to shooting in general. I just passed my PAL/RPAL and am sending in my application this weekend. Finances are tight, and im anticipating my first purchase. For the price, I dont think I could go wrong with an SKS from Marstar.

I have read elsewhere that there is a bolt that holds the bayonet blade in place, and once the blade itself is removed, that same bolt can be used to mount a bipod. Im not sure if there is truth to this or not?

On that note, I have also read that some of these SKS stocks need to be trimmed to allow for the bayonet to remain useable. Curious if the same could apply with a bipod instead?

Thanks for any insight!
    Yes, you can mount a bipod off the bayonet lug. Here's a pic of the front end of my SKS with the bayonet removed; you can clearly see the bolt/screw for the bayonet. Some of the aftermarket stocks have sling studs which allow for the mounting of a "normal" bipod. The stock in this pic is a variant of the ATI-A.2.20.1230 that Marstar sells. Keep in mind that you will almost certainly have to do some filing on any aftermarket stock to get it to fit your rifle: having a Dremel tool makes this job a cakewalk, but using hand files would work with a lot of patience. I have no wisdom to offer regarding keeping the bayonet on the rifle. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
    Attachment 4213Attachment 4214Attachment 4215

Quote Originally Posted by AWMozart View Post
    Yes, you can mount a bipod off the bayonet lug. Here's a pic of the front end of my SKS with the bayonet removed; you can clearly see the bolt/screw for the bayonet. Some of the aftermarket stocks have sling studs which allow for the mounting of a "normal" bipod. The stock in this pic is a variant of the ATI-A.2.20.1230 that Marstar sells. Keep in mind that you will almost certainly have to do some filing on any aftermarket stock to get it to fit your rifle: having a Dremel tool makes this job a cakewalk, but using hand files would work with a lot of patience. I have no wisdom to offer regarding keeping the bayonet on the rifle. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
    Attachment 4213Attachment 4214Attachment 4215
    THats pretty badass! Thats right along the lines of the final product im envisioning for my rifle. Thanks for the info! I most certainly will be in touch whenever my PAL finally shows up

CGN Regular
    ATI also sells a bipod that mounts directly onto the bayonet lug. Picked one up for about $25, 2 minute install, works great !!

Tapco would be the stock to get .Intrafuse I think its called.Here is mine from Marstar with the Tapco stock.Tapco fits on a Chinese SKS perfectly with no filing needed.Also the tapco mags work without modification as well.

Member of CSSA and NFA
    www.brgclub.com
    “I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
    - J.B Books in The Shootist 1976-John Wayne