Thread: We need opinions and imput from North Sylva regarding the new 629 with 4.2 inch bbl.

BANNED

We need opinions and imput from North Sylva regarding the new 629 with 4.2 inch bbl.

Heres a thread that will give you the background.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?862197-Is-this-normal-S-amp-W-629-4-2-quot-UPDATE-119-amp-127/page14

Give it a read and let us know your stance.

Thanks
    Mark

Perhaps all stocking dealers should be asked to check their inventory for this issue and report back?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by saddlehills View Post
    Perhaps all stocking dealers should be asked to check their inventory for this issue and report back?
    Well hope at least they are reading this stuff.

Guys,

You have to remember that these things are mass produced. There is always a small percentage of issues with each production run. S&W failure rate is less than 1% however. I truly believe their reputation speaks for itself. It is possible that the gun left the factory like this but I have no way of confirming it.

Also we operate as a warehouse. Everything we receive arrives in boxes and is typically un-opened until it hits the dealers. The only exception is if I open a box to post a picture here on gun nutz.

As for the dealers, I can't comment on what they do with there's when it arrives to them because I don't know. But I doubt they are abusive to the firearms in any way.

It sounds like Murray has taken care of your situation. If you have any other questions or comments, you can email me directly at jon@northsylva.com

Thanks,

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    Guys,

You have to remember that these things are mass produced. There is always a small percentage of issues with each production run. S&W failure rate is less than 1% however. I truly believe their reputation speaks for itself. It is possible that the gun left the factory like this but I have no way of confirming it.

Also we operate as a warehouse. Everything we receive arrives in boxes and is typically un-opened until it hits the dealers. The only exception is if I open a box to post a picture here on gun nutz.

As for the dealers, I can't comment on what they do with there's when it arrives to them because I don't know. But I doubt they are abusive to the firearms in any way.

It sounds like Murray has taken care of your situation. If you have any other questions or comments, you can email me directly at jon@northsylva.com

Thanks,
    Thanks for the reply.

BANNED
    Except it's not just one gun!

There is reports of 3 or 4 in that same thread, and as Murray has stated this is definitely not normal for S&W QC.

But yeah, go ahead and pass the buck. Don't take any responsability for products you import and distribute.

I'm sure Murray will enjoy all the work that comes from this.....

Quote Originally Posted by mlehtovaara View Post
    Except it's not just one gun!

There is reports of 3 or 4 in that same thread, and as Murray has stated this is definitely not normal for S&W QC.

But yeah, go ahead and pass the buck. Don't take any responsability for products you import and distribute.

I'm sure Murray will enjoy all the work that comes from this.....

You know what? for all the moaning that goes on in this forum. I've yet to have 1 actual phone call or email regarding this issue.

To many unanswered questions at this point to be coming up with any assumptions.

You obviously have some kind of chip on your shoulder.

BTW Bushmaster is imported and warrantied through the Gravel Agency. You keep bringing it up however.

Just so i understand your position NS, if my 629 arrived damaged i should contact you and you will foot the bill for the repair?

North Sylva,

Quick question regarding the construction of these "Special" Canadian Stainless 629 revolvers with 4.2" barrel:

Is it possible that Smith & Wesson made these revolvers using a part, or parts that were from previously used/returned/exchanged parts (i.e. not brand-new parts?)

Thank you.