Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Csa vz58 .223

Csa vz58 doesnt like norinco ammo. Simple like that! Reload and comercial is the way and I never have experience problem with that.

I sent mine over the winter. Only gone a week and a half and it is indestructible now.
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by SKS45 View Post
    Has anyone had experience with the CSA magwell adapter? If so, what have you been using for mags. Any recommendations?
    I have the magwell adapter, it works really well with the LAR 15 mags. I have a couple E-Lander mags but they don't always function well. The LAR mags are what I use most and I have not had a single issue and I have put over 1000 rounds through those mags. Most of the ammo was MFS and American Eagle. I won't shoot the Norinco ammo talked to too many people who had issues firing it through the VZ58.

Edit: I have some 2nd Gen Pmags and they seem to work fine as well.
    Last edited by Green Skull; 12-29-2014 at 03:03 AM.
    "There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at."

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Skull View Post
    I have the magwell adapter, it works really well with the LAR 15 mags. I have a couple E-Lander mags but they don't always function well. The LAR mags are what I use most and I have not had a single issue and I have put over 1000 rounds through those mags. Most of the ammo was MFS and American Eagle. I won't shoot the Norinco ammo talked to too many people who had issues firing it through the VZ58.
    I have the magwell adapter in a gen 1 CSA vz.58 in .223. The rifle needed machining before the magwell adapter would even fit.

I have used the following magazines extensively:

1. LAR-15 Mags
    2. Magpul P-Mags
    3. Norinco Mags
    4. USGI Mags

I have also used the following ammunition with no issues:

1. Norinco .223
    2. PMC 5.56mm M855 "Green Tip" LAP
    3. Federal XM193 and M193
    4. Federal M855 and XM855
    5. MFS Russian .223
    6. Hornady 55gr TAP
    7. Hornady Steel Match 55gr

I may just be lucky with my vz58, but it cycles beautifully. The trigger leaves some to be desired, but the rifle has been bomb proof.

*Pro tip* (from experience) be careful with scope mounts, some like to bounce ejecting shells back into the ejection port area before the rifle has got the new round into battery, causing a very bent casing and a stoppage.

Quote Originally Posted by Botts View Post
    I have the magwell adapter in a gen 1 CSA vz.58 in .223. The rifle needed machining before the magwell adapter would even fit.
    I have the next Gen mag adapter. I didn't have to do any machining and fit right in.
    "There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at."

I have VZ58 in .223 also. Ive taken it out twice. Ran 100 rounds through it each time and never had a problem.

I have the csa vz 58 in 7.62 and I have the same problems won't chamber a round and light primer strikes , only got to fire one round and that's cause I manually loaded it in to the chamber after the first shot light primer stricks every time haven't got it to fire since

Quote Originally Posted by scuba52 View Post
    I sent mine over the winter. Only gone a week and a half and it is indestructible now.
    steve
    Did you send yours to Movie Armament Group (MAG)?

So what is the concences.... Buy a CSA VZ 58 .556 or not. Has the ftf been resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by sodburner View Post
    So what is the concences.... Buy a CSA VZ 58 .556 or not. Has the ftf been resolved?
    It's a great rifle, I've never had an issue at all. I would suggest picking up the mag adapter though. It's a plus that you can use the AR mags if you already own an AR15. I have the 19" barrel and being able to go in the bush and shoot is a big plus.