Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Csa vz58 .223

Mine functions very well. Slight cleaning and new oil before the range but eats both the Norinco and remington .223. Very happy with it, Thanks SFRC.
    Member, CSSA, NFA, NRA

"Any idiot can piss on the floor, but it takes a real hero to sh!t on the ceiling." - Maclean Maclean

I have vz58 in 223 but nonrestricted. It will feed anything you put through it. Very reliable so far

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mikeyb's Avatar
    My 11.75" .223 has been problematic as well. Mine has extraction issues. I'm hoping a good shot of solvent and a bit of time with a brush can help things out. The extractor physically looks fine so I'm hoping it was grit or grease or something stuck in the chamber which was causing the cases to get stuck, but they sure didn't seem to be stuck in there very hard. I was able to pull them out with my fingernail. The next round in the magazine would end up getting caught under the rim of the stuck cartridge and small the bullet into the receiver.

Either way, not a reseller problem. SFRC is good stuff (and mine came from Wolverine anyways).
    Mikey B

BANNED
    The 55gr American eagle that comes in the 1000rd cases and has the black box works flawlessly for me , The AE that i bought off the shelf in the red box i had problems with.

For a little update- MFS ammo wasn't any better than Norinco. I am going to try winchester ammo tomorrow. I think three different kinds of ammo should give a reasonable indication that this rifle doesn't work.

Expired Business Member
    With short barrel you realy need muzzle brake with blast chamber to increase gas pressure

Expired Business Member
    SFRC used to have one for sale As I recall NEA used to make it

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by bgcameron View Post
    For a little update- MFS ammo wasn't any better than Norinco. I am going to try winchester ammo tomorrow. I think three different kinds of ammo should give a reasonable indication that this rifle doesn't work.
    Ya that sucks hope you figure it out .... Corwin might be on to something there

Drop us an email if you can.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by bgcameron View Post

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast