Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Csa vz58 .223

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMike View Post
    Hmm that's odd, my non-restricted CSA VZ 58 is stamped 5.56 x 45. At any rate, you could measure the leade (distance to the rifling) in the chamber with an OAL tool (or other method) to see if it is a 223 rem or a 5.56. The leade difference is about twice as long in a 5.56. I know mine is good to go with cheap norinco milsurp :D

On a side note related to the thread, I haven't had a single malfunction in the 200 rounds or so I've put through it, mostly american eagle 55 gr fmj
    very weird, both of my VZs are stamped .223, Ill have to measure them when I feel more motivated, and dont have 2 cans with over 2000rnds of .223 to use up...
    I also mostly shoot AE .223 55g FMJ and I have had no issues, not one...and we practically torture tested one with mud last week, one mag had a layer of mud between the follower and first rnd, and it still didn't phase it...not to mention the layer all over the chamber and bolt...I would label this my new bug out rifle at this point, if it is really a 5.56 anyways...

Hey guys, i just got my non-restricted csa vz-58 chambered in 7.62x39 and i was having the same issues of it not ejecting every round properly. I was shooting Bulgarian Military Surplus ammo, i'm going out today to try Barnaul ammo. When i was at the range, the other day, another gent there had a some other surplus ammo that he got at wholesale sports, he lent me 5 rounds and it shot just fine. I was curious if anyone else was having any issues with their csa vz-58 chambered in 7.62x39? And if your not having issues what ammo do you typically shoot? I think it needs to be broken in before it will shoot the cheap surplus, i guess i'll see how this Barnaul ammo shots.

thats right...i sent mine in a while back and they fix the problems i had with it. those guys did a good job on it and there fast too,got my gun back the following week. still the vz 58 is not a good gun when u have to get a new gun sent in to get fix.... acr or t 97 is a better nr choice. movie armement is the place to get the vz 58 fix.....

CGN Regular
    I have the 18" (non-restr) model and it's a beauty - in fact I am shooting it more than other more expensive rifles I have....all the while using Norc .223 ammo :-)

Ok i'm in love with my csa vz-58! I shoot the 60rds of the Barnaul 7.62x39 ammo with no issues. Sucks i can't use my cheap surplus ammo but i guess the sks will eat it up.

I just picked up a CSA vz.58 .223 and with 200 rounds it bent the receiver cover pin due to over pressure (I think). Also, it looks like the receiver cover is sitting on the pin and not inside the receiver. I was instructed to send it to Movie Armament Group.... Spoke to a guy named Graham. I'll keep you all posted as to the service I receive. They received my rifle August 14, hoping it won't take long..

After reading this forum I fear I made a mistake not getting the 7.62.

BANNED
    my csa was a lemon also, i sent it in for warranty now it will fire norinco 556 until Armageddon. not one stoppage. The warranty card provided tells you where you can send it for free warranty service, they even reimburse shipping and gave me a free mag. this route might be good for you because i think the funnest thing about 556 or 762 39 guns is the cheap ammo, so id prefer it to run all ammos flawlessly.

Has anyone had experience with the CSA magwell adapter? If so, what have you been using for mags. Any recommendations?

Did you send your rifle to Movie Armament Group for warranty work? Were they long getting it back to you?

Quote Originally Posted by eldarbo View Post
    my csa was a lemon also, i sent it in for warranty now it will fire norinco 556 until Armageddon. not one stoppage. The warranty card provided tells you where you can send it for free warranty service, they even reimburse shipping and gave me a free mag. this route might be good for you because i think the funnest thing about 556 or 762 39 guns is the cheap ammo, so id prefer it to run all ammos flawlessly.
    Did you send your rifle to Movie Armament Group for warranty work? Were they long getting it back to you?