Page 1 of 19 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Csa vz58 .223

Csa vz58 .223

SFRC did a fantastic job getting this rifle to me. Ordering through the website is quick and easy, and the rifle was shipped promptly upon completion of the transfer.

On the other hand, this rifle was the ultimate headache during its maiden trip to the range. We experienced all kinds of failures. For the most part it was stovepipes and misfeeds. On average there were probably 2 good shots out of 5 (per mag). It wouldnt even load the first round from the magazine.

This is the 11" barrel model with the factory CSA mags, and we were using Norinco 223 ammo. I would like to try other ammo before I start blaming the rifle, but I am concerned it might be a lemon. Please help!
    Last edited by bgcameron; 02-04-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Bought one last year and never had a single problem with it. Only have a couple of hundred round through it so far, shooting surplus american eagle.
    Using stock magazines. Sorry I do not have a solution, but rest assured these are good rifles.

BANNED
    I have one with the LAR mag conversion and it will eat FMJ all day long but doesn't seem to like Winchester JHP

A little searching around shows that Norinco ammo has ran flawlessly through other VZ58's.

Try some other ammo. If you still have the problem let us know. We'll get it sorted out for you, don't worry about that.

Thanks, I will give you an update as soon as I can.

I recently picked up a CSA VZ-58 .223 19" with the M4 stock. I've only had it out to the range once. Very happy with mine so far.
    I put 80 rounds of the American Eagle 55gr FMJ AR223 AE223J through it without a single failure. Using the stock 5/30 mags that came with it.

Would like to try the Mag well adapter with the AR 10 rd mags if the adapter becomes available again.

I recently sold mine for cheap and I am having sellers remorse. Never had 1 jam and fired 500tds of AE Tactical through it.
    I have the AR adapter and it only accepts metal mags but won't take PMAGS for some reason. I will miss it
    [/URL][/IMG]

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mac100 View Post
    I recently sold mine for cheap and I am having sellers remorse. Never had 1 jam and fired 500tds of AE Tactical through it.
    I have the AR adapter and it only accepts metal mags but won't take PMAGS for some reason. I will miss it
    You want one again? Mine is NIB.

CGN frequent flyer Pistolwhiptricks's Avatar
    To the OP, did you clean and lube it good before taking it out for your range trip?

Page 1 of 19 12345678911 ... LastLast