Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: new belt fed coming so now rpd????

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Red View Post
    Ahhh more CGN wisdom. The RPD has nothing to do with an AK.
    And that line of thinking stopped the RCMP classifying that shotgun which looked like an AR but had entirely different internal workings as an AR variant, right?

Quote Originally Posted by tthur77 View Post
    And that line of thinking stopped the RCMP classifying that shotgun which looked like an AR but had entirely different internal workings as an AR variant, right?
    It seems that the RCMP relies heavily on marketing, more so than actual mechanical workings.
    If TNW says their Degtyarev design is somehow connected with the "famous Kalashnikov system", even though it most certainly is not, it will be treated as though it is. And banned accordingly.

Makes me want to build a muzzle loader rifle "based on the combat proven AR-15 ergonomics", just to see if they class it as a variant.

I think I'll wait until I see some more official commentary...

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Red View Post
    Ahhh more CGN wisdom. The RPD has nothing to do with an AK.
    Yes I know the RPD is not an AK variant, but it still doesn't mean the RCMP in their infinite wisdom, wouldn't lump it into the same category. We have seen it in the past were they wrongly classify a .22 LR rifle just based on it's looks, even though the rifle does not function like an AR or AK. They will still need to inspect a sample before they will green light mulitple importation of the semi RPD. Someone or some dealer will have to be the guinea pig and bring one in for them to look at. They will not always take the word of the ATF.

GunNutz
    speaking of... when are any Importers/Distributors/dealers gonna chime in on how they plan to quench our thirst for a 7.62x39 beltfed?

Stop dreaming traf 104256 prohibited, So even if it is built semi auto it will be porhibited by name just liike AK
    Try to share your passion for guns with one new person everyday!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armedsask's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frward View Post
    Stop dreaming traf 104256 prohibited, So even if it is built semi auto it will be porhibited by name just liike AK
    Except it's not.
    The above post is the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Armedsask". These posts are for informational and entertainment use. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    I'd take one of the enhanced version with an 18.5" barrel.

Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

No, sorry, I didn't read the entire thread TRich, so smack me with a rotten fish while you're at it, I deserve it

That said I have since verified, nobody indicates that the PKM is a kalishnikov variant, and just looking at the freaking things receiver a gun nutter would know this. It seems I confused the RPK with the RPD was all. I guess I get to slap you back?? Ohhhh, this could get FREAKY!!!
    "They are the most armed, and most free” - Nicolo Macchiavelli, regarding Switzerland