Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bosnian optics imports. Any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by sulisa View Post
    I'd be surprised if there were any import issues. The elephant in the room is ITAR, which keeps stuff from LEAVING the US. As long as the optics are purchased from any other country in the world, it should be easy enough, shouldn't it?
    Most of the stuff online is sadly coming from the states. Or at least the stuff I have seen.
    "Optimists these days learn English, pessimists learn Chinese, but realists learn how to operate an AK-47."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    Hey guys, I managed to find one in the States two weeks ago and today, I received it.
    Its a ON-M76B, cammed for the 8mm, in VG shape, with 3 light ring marks... Probably marks from a RPK mount.

Optic is clear but a tiny bit foggy...Maybe dirt...
    Reticle is really nice and the range finder too.
    Turrets looks and feel well made.

I also found here on CGN, a bosnian m48 sniper with zrak mounts and a vintage Zeiss scope.
    I will use the Zeiss on another project and put this Zrak scope on the mauser

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̀益•́)=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jennis's Avatar
    Built by Bosnians but when anything goes wrong on these scopes do they then blame it on the Serbians ?
    " The blood dimmed tide is loosed and everywhere the ceremony of innoncence is drowned; the best lack all conviction while the worst are full of passionate intensity..... "

- William Butler Yeats

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ben777lemay View Post
    Hey guys, I managed to find one in the States two weeks ago and today, I received it.
    Its a ON-M76B, cammed for the 8mm, in VG shape, with 3 light ring marks... Probably marks from a RPK mount.

Optic is clear but a tiny bit foggy...Maybe dirt...
    Reticle is really nice and the range finder too.
    Turrets looks and feel well made.

I also found here on CGN, a bosnian m48 sniper with zrak mounts and a vintage Zeiss scope.
    I will use the Zeiss on another project and put this Zrak scope on the mauser

Nice pre-war example. The scope on my forthcoming rifle is an '84 serial. I am still looking for an other one. There is a Iraqi made M76 scope with 7.62x54 turrets on eBay

The price will jump in the last hour. I did win a auction of a M76-A, but the seller did not have the proper permits.

Quote Originally Posted by sulisa View Post
    I'd be surprised if there were any import issues. The elephant in the room is ITAR, which keeps stuff from LEAVING the US. As long as the optics are purchased from any other country in the world, it should be easy enough, shouldn't it?
    The vast majority of these are in former Yugoslavia. I had a conversation with someone in Bosnia via email who did speak English. He told me that they are not allowed to export anything arms related with out proper permits, which are really tough to get. But I believe clarification is needed to confirm this.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    I received the rifle today.
    Now I have my tandzara sniper clone...
    I'm really surprised how the eye relief is good, about 3.5 inch.
    Enjoy

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̀益•́)=ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

BANNED
    Personally, I would blame in on the Filipinos myself. The Alternative is the Romanian Navy
    Quote Originally Posted by jennis View Post
    Built by Bosnians but when anything goes wrong on these scopes do they then blame it on the Serbians ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12