Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Norinco M1000 12 guage

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeja1 View Post
    I own one it is not a premium shotgun gun like a bireli or remington the internals are a simple design but for 399.99 for a semi mag fed shot gun that never has a misfire ejects shells every time and loads every time. The finish is cheap but I switched stocks to a ATI remington 1100 stock have to custom fit stock and do not block any holes in gas tube will cause reloading problems. I also removed fore end sanded and painted black to match stock and install barrel rail with ghost sights. There is no part but if you do research your can find parts that you can make fit and and work well.
    Is the stock installed the same way as a Remington 870, via a receiver stud?

It's a 3/8 steel tube threaded on both ends , one end threads into the receiver then the stock slides over the tube and a flat head cap screws on to the other
    End making a tight fit

i bought a norinco yl-12 pump action (ithaca copy) canada ammo send me this norinco model 1000 mag fed since they messed up my order. after arguing i got to keep it for an extra 100$,,, i highly regret keeping this dolorama quality shot gun.one of mags jams when i load 2 shells. lost the front sight while shooting skeets, after only 50 shells. its dissasembles fine but hard to re-assemble, the bolt seems to jam. i has many fail to loads. bolt slams the shell on the lip instead of chambering properly. the stock came loose, also the barrel bolt loosens on its own after a few shots...all in all its low quality. i don't recommend this gun for any one,,,,,
    just an old fart wanting to shoot something

i bought one to. not impressed at all with it. fired about 500 rounds. stock came loose, lost the front sight so i ordered a red fiber optic one. one of my mags dont load properly, jams at 2 rounds. and they advertise 5 round mags, they only hold 4 rounds. cant even order extra mags as they dont sell them. grizzly shotgun mags arent the same either. only good thing is it comes with 4 chokes. improved, modified, full and extra full choke. bought mine from canada ammo and this was my 1st and last order from them.
    just an old fart wanting to shoot something

I own one as well and although nothing has fallen off it or blew up its not an awesome gun by any means but I guess you get what you pay for. Not saying its total garbage, just run of the mill with lack luster fit and finish, jams now and then, mostly due to the mags I believe. One mag had the floor plate blow out of it when I loaded it, just holds 4 rounds but advertised as 5 round mag, maybe they meant 4+1 IDK. Overall not a terrible gun but not a really good one either. Like I said though, the mags are junk, poorly built and have problems feeding now and then and weak floor plate setup. For a good mag fed pump the valtro PM5 is great, for semi mag fed legal in Canada I'm not sure there's much but hopefully someone on here can tell me if there is, other than this gun/model.

Quote Originally Posted by pat-boon View Post
    i bought one to. not impressed at all with it. fired about 500 rounds. stock came loose, lost the front sight so i ordered a red fiber optic one. one of my mags dont load properly, jams at 2 rounds. and they advertise 5 round mags, they only hold 4 rounds. cant even order extra mags as they dont sell them. grizzly shotgun mags arent the same either. only good thing is it comes with 4 chokes. improved, modified, full and extra full choke. bought mine from canada ammo and this was my 1st and last order from them.
    Did you have bad customer service from CanAm? It's like buying crap off ebay. It's not the seller's fault that you're not happy with the product. It's Norinco, what did you expect? I've had great service in my past dealings with them. I have and will deal with them again.
    Homer Simpson: [flipping frantically through the Bible] This book doesn't have any answers!
    Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!

Metro Vancouver - if you use EE at least leave your province here!
    Quote Originally Posted by ndb86 View Post
    Did you have bad customer service from CanAm? It's like buying crap off ebay. It's not the seller's fault that you're not happy with the product. It's Norinco, what did you expect? I've had great service in my past dealings with them. I have and will deal with them again.
    Can't say nothing wrong with Norinco, but non of my norinco pistols (most are from canam)got me into any problems like our fellow CGNer's M1000 shotgun. I guess it's just the design of that shotgun is less *field proven*? Like to hear more stories about other M1000 owners.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12