Thread: Com-lite Vest review with pictures

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar

Com-lite Vest review with pictures

As an introduction this is the first vest/chest-thing that I've bought, and I decided to go with a local retailer.

This is the Com-Lite Vest, Gg Large. Coyote Brown in color. For comparison purposes I am somewhere around 6'1 and 202lbs so I'm not the largest or smallest guy around, and the large size fits me like it was made for me with very minimal adjustments. If I were any smaller I'd probably have to step down to the Medium size so this vest should cover a wide variety of sizes.

Now for the pictures.
    Click for high quality.

Fits pretty good

Click for high quality.

As you can see here the webbing is cut straight vertical, which means that on the diagonal neckline and other areas it does not quite line up. Not a huge issue, but it would look a bit better if it were cut on the same angle as the spot it is being placed. In a few spots the corner of the webbing sticks out past the folded seam.

I did have to adjust the shoulder strap a bit smaller than default, which resulted in a bit of bunching up as the front strap is slightly wider than the back strap. Not a huge issue.

I chose this vest because I want lots of space on which to position all the junk I'm going to attach to it, as opposed to one of the more minimalistic designs.

All in all, I'm happy with it for the price I paid. I rate it a 4.5/5. Thanks DropZone
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

looks great but i like the 5.11 LBV instead, because due to the fact that it can breath better with the mesh that they used
    Cheeki Breeki!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jabberwock View Post
    looks great but i like the 5.11 LBV instead, because due to the fact that it can breath better with the mesh that they used
    I was debating the idea of going with something more breathable, and there were I think 3 other types of vests/chest rigs in the store, but for the purposes I'm going to be using it for I'm probably only goin to have a single layer on under it in hot weather, since I'm not running around with a plate carrier right now. I figure this version will give me the most space to work with, since I imagine in many scenarios I'd be wearing a light jacket overtop of the vest, because I'm a rebel like that.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

Expired Business Member
    Nice review Stevebot-7

REgards
    Brian