Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Norinco 5.56 1600rd crates @ $420

CGN Ultra frequent flyer AB.boy's Avatar
    D'oh...I just had a crate from CanAm land on my step this afternoon. Oh well, it was still a good price at $450.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post
    Guys - you will probably not see bulk 5.56mm this cheap again in your LIFETIME. Buy it cheap and stack it deep....
    Correction: "Old Faithful" Canada Ammo will pull through with another outstanding sale sometime in the near future (Easter?) and undercut ALL the competition. Or at least that's what we've all been taught by example. :D

Another full pallet? Well it looks like I will have to grab another two tonight then.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfooter View Post
    Correction: "Old Faithful" Canada Ammo will pull through with another outstanding sale sometime in the near future (Easter?) and undercut ALL the competition. Or at least that's what we've all been taught by example. :D
    If that's true, I'd buy another 10 crates.

People who buy silver are IDIOTS. This #### is gold!!!!

CGN Regular
    Yup, a simple investment strategy: Pile milsurp 5.56 ammo up!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfooter View Post
    Yup, a simple investment strategy: Pile milsurp 5.56 ammo up!
    Basically.

To reload .223, I would say if you stocked up on components and bought in bulk directly from suppliers, you probably can get it to about $0.20-0.22/round in material if you use range brass.

The sorting and case prep alone for all rifle ammo is a VERY time consuming process and I'm not a particularly high standard guy: sort by primer crimp, tumble, decap crimped primers, remove crimp, add to pile of non-crimped brass, full length resize all, tumble again to remove case lube.

Just doing that for 1600 cases probably takes 4-5 hours direct labour (not counting time in the tumbler), and then an hour per 100 rounds on a Lee Turret press.

So, for 1600 cases reloaded, personally, I'm looking at 20 hours labour to load. At what I bill as an independent contractor - that's some very expensive ammo. The price differential for the Nork vs my own loads is such that I'd have to make minimum wage for it to be justifiable for me to NOT buy the Nork stuff.

Norinco ammo at below $0.40/round is an absolute steal. I remember during the 08 crisis buying PMC Bronze, 1000 rounds for $500 - I still have some - and it shoots like crap! With what's going on in the US, I think I'd really regret it if I didn't buy as much of this stuff as I could, while there's some left.
    Last edited by harbl_the_cat; 02-14-2013 at 07:55 PM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post
    If that's true, I'd buy another 10 crates.

People who buy silver are IDIOTS. This #### is gold!!!!
    All part of a diversified portfolio, my friend

I was just through there and picked the wife a crate up for V-day . No "dog house" for me, she actually suggested it. All I saw was 3 or 4 left on the pallet. The second bunch must be in the back?
    Sometimes it is taken, sometimes it is not. But there is no bargain, for here, what is,
    is what must be

CCFR Lifetime Member, CSSA Lifetime Member
    NFA Lifetime Member, NRA Lifetime Endowment Member

Darn.....I just bought green tips today.

CGN Regular
    I think the 2nd pallet was behind a pallet of different ammo, I was in there at 3pm and there was 3 left on one of the pallets, the other one was virtually full (I picked from the new pallet as the carry handles were intact). I'd be amazed if they sold it all in the past couple of hours.
    Last edited by Stokesey; 02-14-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast