Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Scarcer than Sasquatch: Federal Lake City XM855 and XM193

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mrsmitty's Avatar
    Just ordered 4 cases of 500 of the XM193. And sellected instore pickup so I hope the free shipping thing is true.

Strangely enough the stock level didn't drop after making the order??? Hopefully I get my ammo.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitty View Post
    Just ordered 4 cases of 500 of the XM193. And sellected instore pickup so I hope the free shipping thing is true.

Strangely enough the stock level didn't drop after making the order??? Hopefully I get my ammo.
    Did the same to me. You should get a confirmation email on the order and the quantity will reset tonight or tomorrow. Sometimes it's almost instantaneous.
    Last edited by Bigfooter; 02-14-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfooter View Post
    Did the same to me. You should get a confirmation email on the order and the quantity will reset tonight or tomorrow. Sometimes it's almost instanteous.
    Ya I got the confirmation email also asked the hold off shipping for a week cause I won't be home for about 12 days and don't want to deal with having to beg couriers to hold the shipment.

CGN frequent flyer
    What would work better in an Norc M4gery? The 62 or 55 for accuracy?

CGN Regular
    XM193 vs XM855: http://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/term_m193orm855.html .

Let's throw this out there for perusal, too: http://www.shootingillustrated.com/i...accuracy-test/ . Federal XM855 spec is 2" @ 100 yds. Looks to achieve that spec based on that article. The XM855 videos I linked in the first post actually show the worst of the lot -- the Winchester M855 -- so the Federal should be better than that.
    Last edited by Bigfooter; 02-14-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Now shows -1 for stock

CGN frequent flyer
    Which one works better in a 1:9 rifle like the norc m4? In terms of accuracy?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbaitron View Post
    Which one works better in a 1:9 rifle like the norc m4? In terms of accuracy?
    That link to the Ammo Oracle site was a bit of a hint: http://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/perf_m193acc.html . All is revealed there.

CGN frequent flyer
    So if the M193 is more accurate and the M855 is less uniform why is it so sought after?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbaitron View Post
    So if the M193 is more accurate and the M855 is less uniform why is it so sought after?
    Keep reading...the M855 is steel cored and can slam through non-ballistic steel at greater distance -- or through thicker metal closer in. I'm also guessing that Level IV ceramic plates in body armour would succumb after several shots in the same area (although a single hit would knock someone to the ground anyway). Level III hard armour, with the exception of steel plating, would certainly be susceptible to penetration and in tests with Serbian Dyneema Level III milsurp plates, that was the case. Penetration-wise, XM855 is nastier sh*t than XM193. But XM193 fragments better in body cavities.