Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Scarcer than Sasquatch: Federal Lake City XM855 and XM193

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitty View Post
    Now shows -1 for stock
    Oh, oh!! Minus one? Who got shafted today?

CGN frequent flyer
    I only shoot paper targets so guess I will stick with the 55 gr.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfooter View Post
    Keep reading...the M855 is steel cored and can slam through non-ballistic steel at greater distance -- or through thicker metal closer in. I'm also guessing that Level IV ceramic plates in body armour would succumb after several shots in the same area (although a single hit would knock someone to the ground anyway). Level III hard armour, with the exception of steel plating, would certainly be susceptible to penetration and in tests with Serbian Dyneema Level III milsurp plates, that was the case. Penetration-wise, XM855 is nastier sh*t than XM193. But XM193 fragments better in body cavities.

darn ,first time i dont read gunnutz in the morin in a long time , and bigfoot gives us a post on xm855.... on stripper clips no less. man i have been looking for these for a long time now and missed them. well dont want to make people jealious but i have one box left of some xm 856's that i am holding on to for a special occassion.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbaitron View Post
    I only shoot paper targets so guess I will stick with the 55 gr.
    Probably a good thing. The downside with M855 steel cored ammo is that it's a no-no at most shooting ranges, especially those indoors.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Paliman View Post
    well dont want to make people jealious but i have one box left of some xm 856's that i am holding on to for a special occassion.
    Tracers! Now where the heck did you get those from?! I'd love to get some of 'em!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mrsmitty's Avatar
    Probably a good thing. The downside with M855 steel cored ammo is that it's a no-no at most shooting ranges, especially those indoors.
    Exactly I have 4k of m855 and sold 3k of it cause my range won't let me use it. Just got lucky I could replace some of it with m193

need moar green tips

Tracers! Now where the heck did you get those from?! I'd love to get some of 'em!!
    believe it or not, found them in ontario from a fellow on the internet.We talked on the phone,at first i thought it was to good to be true, he told a good story and i took a chance. For awhile thought i lost my money, but then there they were at my door four boxes. that was a year ago. I knew he knew who had some more and tryed to shake some more from him, bugged him lots for awhile then gave up. Oh well . the xm856's i got seem to be 63 gr too. I have had some good times at dusk at our range with my friends. These rounds in my 16.5 in barrel stag will go through 3/8 mild steel at 200 meters.These rounds will stay lit up to 700 meters. My budy just got a new Tavor and parted with three rounds for gun warming present.I got one unopened box left, i think it will take a real special event to crack that seal. thanks again for the post trhat i read to late ,it gives me hope that we can get some lake city in canada. Now would it not be a real treat if some xm855 mod1 showed up at a gun dealer near you!

CGN Regular
    Let me know if you ever see any more of those tracers!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mrsmitty's Avatar
    I sent a couple emails to them asking about my order never heard anything, did people get shipping notifications or anything?